limiter removal / remap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: limiter removal / remap

Post by Ricksy1121 »

I donโ€™t mind my limiter itโ€™s like cruise control in a low spec van ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Caddy 1.2tsi 2018 - fiat 126 bis 1991- bond bug 1971
Ireljo70
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Ireljo70 »

CaddyShack2k wrote: โ†‘Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 am It's the getting to 72 in the first place, you need to keep a good book in the overhead storage for such an occasion :D
Its no problem getting to 72 mph but after that, that's it, no more power!!! :(
gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

Not the sdi, I've got ex BG 1.6 tdi, had remap and limiter removed at same time and we'll worth the money I thought.

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

Ireljo70
Caddy Fan

Post by Ireljo70 »

gee101a wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 pm Not the sdi, I've got ex BG 1.6 tdi, had remap and limiter removed at same time and we'll worth the money I thought.

Hi, was the limiter in the ECU or hard wired to the excelerator? How much did it cost you and where did you get it fixed?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I am open to correction on this but I don't believe there has been an accelerator pedal mounted limiter on any of the 1.6TDI Caddys, any I have seen or heard of to date are in the ECU.

Someone with VCDS and the knowledge to use it can raise the limiter to 190kmh (115mph). Something I've done many times.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ireljo70
Caddy Fan

Post by Ireljo70 »

Doc wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 am I am open to correction on this but I don't believe there has been an accelerator pedal mounted limiter on any of the 1.6TDI Caddys, any I have seen or heard of to date are in the ECU.

Someone with VCDS and the knowledge to use it can raise the limiter to 190kmh (115mph). Something I've done many times.
Hi Doc. Thanks for the info. I wished I lived close to you I then might be able to get this sorted out on my C20 plus SDI Caddy. I am still making enquires about remapping in and around Chester but not had much luck so far.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

My VCDS won't remove it from your SDI, that needs a remappers tools.
You're not comparing apples with apples here, the SDI and the 1.6TDI run different ECUs from different manufacturers. You're only compounding your confusion by seeing them both as ex-BG vans.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ireljo70
Caddy Fan

Post by Ireljo70 »

Ok thanks for that Doc, I do not know all this technical stuff but I am willing to learn, much appreciated. It would be nice to have a recommendation of a good remapper in or close to where I live in Chester.
gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

Ireljo70 wrote:Ok thanks for that Doc, I do not know all this technical stuff but I am willing to learn, much appreciated. It would be nice to have a recommendation of a good remapper in or close to where I live in Chester.
This was who I used, was 300 quid, probably a bit far from you though.Image

Ireljo70
Caddy Fan

Post by Ireljo70 »

gee101a wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:03 pm This was who I used, was 300 quid, probably a bit far from you though.Image

Thanks for that. Yes probably a bit too far, just really need the confirmation from someone who has had it done successfully. As the auto electrician I had come out reckons it cannot be done. Anyway, I might get some more imfo from someone who can recommend a remapper near to where I live.
gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

Ireljo70 wrote: Thanks for that. Yes probably a bit too far, just really need the confirmation from someone who has had it done successfully. As the auto electrician I had come out reckons it cannot be done. Anyway, I might get some more imfo from someone who can recommend a remapper near to where I live.
I think the guy that did mine said the main expense was because the first time he had to take the ecu off to open it up to do something, then if he does anything in the future it can be done through the diagnostic port leaving the ecu in place.
I think this is right.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

So this is another 1.6TDI rather than the SDI??

Ireljo70
Caddy Fan

Post by Ireljo70 »

Doc, yes you are right another tdi. As you say I need a remapper who v=can sort out SDI :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Plus, 300 notes for speed limiter removal on a 1.6TDI, I'd drive all day to get to someone who'd pay that....

dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by dipstr »

Ireljo70 wrote:Just been told by an auto electrician the limiter is in the ECU and cannot be removed. Its an ex gas van, Caddy C20 SDI 1968cc.
Has anyone had one removed / remapped, and was it successful?
Mine gets to 72 mph and that's it , no more power so it becomes a bit hairy on the motorway. Would appreciate some help with this matter.
It all depends on how it has been set.
There is two options
1. Legal requirement and is burnt into eck.
2. Customer request and can be reset to whatever speed you want.
If it is option 1 then go to your local vw garage and get them to send a report off to Tec support they will then give them a one time use code to reset the speed in the ecu

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk