Seats???

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
K8nys
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Seats???

Post by K8nys »

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to track down Touran bases I think.
turboDean
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by turboDean »

K8nys wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 am Hi Doc. Im'm fitting the TT seats straight onto the caddy seat mount which is 'H' shaped. The screw holes on the mount are approx 463-465mm apart if you measure from side to side. front to back they're approx 343mm apart. The problem I have is that the TT seat rail holes are approx 480mm apart (side to side) . 15mm difference is surely not right meaning all 4 holes would need to be modified in order to fit the original caddy holes. I know loads of folk have fitted them which was why I decided to go these.🤔
I fitted Audi A5 seats in mine a few weeks ago and had the same problem... i read online they wpild bolt in and just need 2 new holes for the rear bolts or Touran bases.
But turned out the rails were wider on the A5 s-line.

I wanted them a bit higher anyway, so.i got round the problem by bolting 40mm box sectiom steel to the bases and then drill holes at the correct pitch in the top of the box section and bolted the seats to it.

turboDean
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by turboDean »

K8nys wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 pm Thanks for the advice. I'm going to track down Touran bases I think.
Touan based are the same pitch side to side as Caddy bases so won't help u. They are just a different pitch front to back to suit Mk5 golf and most other VAG seats...
I don't know why some Audi seats are wider.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

tommyzooom wrote:Touran bases aren't essential, but the majority of VAG group seats will bolt straight to them.
With Caddy bases, the majority of seats will need the bases modified slightly before they will fit. ( lugs cut off and 2 new holes drilled in the rear, per base) This has been covered many times on here. Both bases are the same width.
To the OP, If your seats are Mk2 TT, and your rails are too wide for the bases, I suspect the seats may have been sat in while on the floor, out of the vehicle.
I've seen it where the rails have spread under the weight, but should pull back into line
I do not cut the lugs off. Just take the bases out, lat the chair on its back. I drill per base 4 new holes and i use one origional mountingpoint (rear one next to tunnel) and its 20-30 min work in Total.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

I Will never take seats from a normal car anymore the seats are too low. I Will use SUV seats from now on and they are mostly cheaper and Yes if i would take again golf seats for example i Will higher them up as Well but Thats more work and the construction have to be strong and correct.

turboDean
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by turboDean »

RKDesigns wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 pm I Will never take seats from a normal car anymore the seats are too low. I Will use SUV seats from now on and they are mostly cheaper and Yes if i would take again golf seats for example i Will higher them up as Well but Thats more work and the construction have to be strong and correct.

The holes in my A5 seats were approx 15mm wider than the caddy ones..... i used 40mm steel box section to mount to the caddy bases then drilled holes in the top of the box section to suit the seats (inc the lugs)
This made them sit at good height as well.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Seats???

Post by RKDesigns »

Is with all seats from the bigger Cars from vag group even the Q5 seats are wider like that. Q5 is itself already as frame of the Seat itself higher than for example A5 or golf seats.

But to Buy touran bases Goes too far if its a 20 min mod.

Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Rk designs love the van by the way.
Does this apply for the older caddys 2. As mine is an 06? As far as I’m aware most people on here seem to have the face lift to mine (Like yours). Or are they both practically the same??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

Pepsi wrote:Rk designs love the van by the way.
Does this apply for the older caddys 2. As mine is an 06? As far as I’m aware most people on here seem to have the face lift to mine (Like yours). Or are they both practically the same??

Yes Caddy bases are since 2004 Untill now the same.

Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Thanks.