Modded Caddy acknowledgement

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I've noticed a few modded Caddy's around town lately, I saw one the other day and it was awesome, we drove past each other doing about 20 mph, I was looking at him and he was looking at me, question is, should I have acknowledged his hard work with a nod or a thumbs up or something? Does anyone else do it?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Modded Caddy acknowledgement

Post by Barbel330 »

You didn't do the secret Caddy wave?
Instagram: @y_5cuf
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Barbel330 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 am You didn't do the secret Caddy wave?
No, I just raised one eyebrow, not enough?
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

I had a Beetle when I first passed my test and we always waved/nodded/'hang loose' to any we saw. Recently I had a MK4 R32 and occasionally gave or got a wave from another one but not as often (slightly more mature owners). I think because they were both rare to see on the road thats why owners acknowledged one another but as there are so many Caddys its less likely to happen. I do try and smile or nod if I see anything remotely cool and I've had someone in an MX5 shout over in a traffic queue "nice van", although at first I thought he was shouting at me for cutting him up or something!
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

I do a thumbs up. Little nod. Only if it’s good thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:29 am No, I just raised one eyebrow, not enough?
I'd have taken that as a massive insult and gone home to rethink my vans styling and wheels :lol:

Yesterday, I saw a purple VW Lupo coming towards me that was so low it was virtually scraping the ground with a young lad driving it. He was having a good look at the caddy as we crossed paths. I carried on my way for a couple of miles, then when I stopped at some traffic lights I noticed he was directly behind me and was taking photos of my van. Anyway, we moved off and when we stopped at the next set of traffic lights he jumped out of his car, ran along side my van and started taking more photos from the front corner :lol: I looked at him and was going to just wave or whatever but he never even looked at me for a second he was so intent on getting his photos. The lights changed, I drove off and he continued to snap away leaving the queue of traffic stranded behind his abandoned car all banging thier horns as he was running to get back to it :lol:
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Haha! I would say thats odd but then I had a similar experience driving the Caddy back down the M25 after the engine conversion. Had a lad and his girlfriend sitting a bit close behind me so I dropped it down a few gears and gave it a good squirt, left him standing! Eased back to the speed limit and the next thing I know he's alongside me with his girlfriend hanging out the window filming and HE was leaning over trying to film/take photos too at 70mph. Thankfully they went on their way after that.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

They'll have all raced home and said to Daddy, "Pop, this is what I want when I'm 25"
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

You lads have really got me thinking. The wife's got her new car and my Alfa GT has had to go after seven years faithful service. I always felt 17 again when I drove it, well, when face ache wasn't sat next to me, I'm gonna miss that feeling, and the kids in their Noddy cars with the suspension removed trying to race me. So, my vans got some minor damage to the nearside and its gonna need a new wing, so why not buy a facelift wing plus another and everything else required to facelift it, and lower it, on springs not coilovers, on a budget here. I'm well up for it, I spent about 20 years buying insurance write offs and putting them back on the road so welding and painting aren't a problem. Mmmmmm :P
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

My van has become my number one obsession since I got it, not something I planned when I bought it as an upgrade for my old work combo which I cleaned twice in 9 years and was an unloved shade of matte white with more than a hint of green moss growing all over it :? I sold my BMW 330ci when I got the caddy so it's now my only vehicle (except my missus Mini Cooper S which is fun to blast occasionally)

I haven't modified any of my cars for over 20 years but I absolutely love it, it's like being 18 again :lol: Main difference between then and now is I can now afford to put nice parts on it rather than bodging up boy racer style sheds on wheels :D
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Well it's either mod the van or buy an Alfa Brera 3.2 Q4 and I can't afford that lol
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Me to love my van just wanna do good things. Just find it hard as I don’t know enough about how to do it.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I’m with you there Barbel. I sold an A8 due to a suspect knackered gearbox (plus I needed a van anyway) It started out as a cheap run about.........never modded a vehicle in my life and now I can’t stop!

Rescue me from the swans in me
Loud
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Loud »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 amI was looking at him and he was looking at me
Then you definitely should have acknowledged him ;)
kieronb
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kieronb »

Yeah, snap! I always wave if I see one, don't always get a wave back though! Haha
:shock: