2007 Caddy Radio Upgrade?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Rhysjos
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

2007 Caddy Radio Upgrade?

Post by Rhysjos »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, i am new on here, hoping someone can help me out, i have purchased a caddy last week and am having radio issues, forstly the cd player was not working, it os a RDS300, so the easy option i thought of was to buy a AUX cable to plug in the rear, having played with it and read more into it i can see it is not that simple 🤔😞, in the meantime without investigating i have bought another rds300 on ebay in working condition, should be here next couple of days, i still would like to get the aux working though,

My question is.... is there a easy radio upgrade to be done so i can get more out of it, ive read into some of the threads here with the rcd510 but need a canbus module ect, i just want a easy fix, or a easy upgrade option, is there a Oem radio that would just plug and play with aux in available, and what do people think of these Android replacements?

Would appriciate some input on this, thanks Everyone

Rhys
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: 2007 Caddy Radio Upgrade?

Post by Pepsi »

I’m in the same boat. Just got my 07caddy over the weekend in between 2 weddings. What a day.
Anyway. The standard radio just not enough as no aux or usb. I had to dig out a load of old cds I had lying around.
I thought about upgrading to a pioneer head unit but would like a reverse cam aswell.

In mean time an aux would be beneficial.
Hope someone responds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk