Any Android HU gurus out there?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gee101a
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Any Android HU gurus out there?

Post by gee101a »

This is weird. Downloaded ES File Manager, finds music on the SD card, if I press a file/song it gives me the option to play it with all 3 media players and they all work.
If I open each player individually independent of ES File Manager It doesn't find the SD card.
Can't find any obvious settings on the apps that would make the SD card discoverable.
This has got me big time!
totty79
200BHP+

Post by totty79 »

I'm no expert, but I think this confirms it's a media service issue. I think android scans storage for media and compiles a database of it, most media players query this database to know what media is available.
On my pumpkin branded HU there is a 10sec delay before any media is found and a few mins before everything is available. I think it does a fresh scan every time it's turned on. Using the same player on my phone all media is immediately available.
alanjgrier
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by alanjgrier »

How smooth/fast do the Pumpkin android HUs operate?

I was initially on the hunt for an OE upgrade but these seem to be a nice change.

If it was laggy and slow to respond, it would probably put me off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

totty79
200BHP+

Post by totty79 »

Depends on usage, responds like a cheap tablet, quick if what you're doing isn't resource intensive. Radio and media player are fine, navigation usable.

Mines a 4 core, 8 should be better. I chose the 4 as it had a new amplifier.