RCD310 iPod and dab help...

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
goldeneyedmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

RCD310 iPod and dab help...

Post by goldeneyedmonkey »

Hello all,

I have got a RCD310 head unit to drop into my 2007 Caddy, it's the later version that according to anecdotal evidence does not drain the battery.

I want to be able to listen to music off my iPod, but I don't mind controlling it from my Ipod. So what do I need to add this function to it? I'm hoping I can just plug a lead into the back and route the input down below the head unit in that little cubby hole. Do I need to get anything coded to make this input work? A simple 3.5mm jack input like this one below would do me, is this just simple plug and play?https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Female ... SwehZaFvrN

Secondly... How do I fit this head unit, is it very obvious which lead goes into where? I have never messed with stereos before so really have no idea, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers _Dan

edit: I think I know where the DAB aerial input is.
UndersteerDan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: RCD310 iPod and dab help...

Post by UndersteerDan »

You can't go wrong fitting the stereo. There'll only be one connection, in addition to the aerial.

I've got a Bluetooth adaptor (shameless plug here!) in the for sale section. It has a USB input also.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

UndersteerDan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by UndersteerDan »

Also, the item in the link should work fine if all you're after is an aux input.

It might need coding in, but I imagine the head unit will detect its presence and allow it to operate in the same way that it does when you install rear speakers.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

goldeneyedmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by goldeneyedmonkey »

Top man! Exactly the info I needed thanks :)

Cheers _Dan
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

The 'Aux' plug is definitely the cheapest option. It does need to be coded in. If you want to control the iPod from the head unit (and show track names etc.) you'll need the media unit (5N0 035 342 G) and the iPod adapter for it.