Size regrets?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Re: Size regrets?

Post by Golfchick »

Where did you pick up this rack from?
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Gaunt »

I had a SWB for the previous 3 years as my works van, I’m a decorator and managed to fill the van with my step ladders all tools, paint and my spraying equipment, but due to the mileage I’m now doing for work I’ve gone for a newer van to get me around the country but have gone for a maxi and absolutely love it, I have it in indium grey, I did shop around and maybe spent a little more than I wanted to, but I have got a van I’ve always wanted.

As for size, i can still fill it but with more ease and love the sliding door on the drivers side. I have no regrets!

*cough* get a maxi *cough*
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Golfchick wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 pm Where did you pick up this rack from?
Seem to remember I had trouble getting the newer current Vergo TF2 rather than the discontinued Excel. I think I ended up ordering online from hollandbikeshop.com here:
https://en.hollandbikeshop.com/bicycle- ... try_id=150

I subsequently ordered the accessories from Tredz.

Also, the TF2 is 110cm wide and the ends are removable / replaceable and so you could cut a little off although personally I wouldn't. You'll just have to have a small gap in the side of the bed to accommodate it.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
1arm1legDan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 1arm1legDan »

mark1a wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:16 pm 2250mm seems right for length with the seats removed - measured this the other day when I picked up my side bars. Ref height, I would go and measure that now but it a bit snowy outside, I'll try and do this in the morning.

Cheers Mark, That would be great if you could.
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Just measured height of rear door opening, it was 1130mm. Note this is slightly less than the stated 1150mm, as I have a Life version and the additional 20mm below the top of the aperture is part of the roof headlining.

This is on a Caddy 4 Maxi Life with tailgate (for info).
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
1arm1legDan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 1arm1legDan »

mark1a wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am Just measured height of rear door opening, it was 1130mm. Note this is slightly less than the stated 1150mm, as I have a Life version and the additional 20mm below the top of the aperture is part of the roof headlining.

This is on a Caddy 4 Maxi Life with tailgate (for info).

Perfect, Thankyou Mark.

I need 1080mm to get my motorbike in.
I just checked the specs I found for the Caddy Maxi, and it states
1132mm door opening height. 1262mm internal ceiling to floor.
2249mm internal length. (I think it's either to central console, or top of seats).
1182m. Door opening width. 1172mm width between the wheel arches. 1552mm width between slider doors.