Looking to buy some 17 inch wheels

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Looking to buy some 17 inch wheels

Post by Cheney663 »

Hi Everyone, I live near Launceston Cornwall and I am looking to buy a set of 17” wheels with summer tyres. I have winter tyres on for the moment but wanted to keep the winter tyres on the current wheels so all I have to do is a wheel swap. If anyone has a set they want to sell and your not hundreds of miles away I am interested. In the recent snowy and icey conditions we have had recently my caddy with snow tyres has been unstoppable, I was getting up hills that a Landrover discovery 4 was unable to, never had winter/snow tyres before but I am mega impressed.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Looking to buy some 17 inch wheels

Post by Ghost-rider »

Wicketts wheels at bradworthy aint a million miles away from you if you fancied a trip out, jonathon wickett is bang on, does good deals on new stuff and sometimes had second hand stuff etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheney663 »

Cheers Ghost rider, not that keen on rep wheels, I spoke to them about sportline wheels but they were £650 with hedge finder tyres. Ideally would like Borbet or Ronal, oe vw wheels.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

Cheney663 wrote:Cheers Ghost rider, not that keen on rep wheels, I spoke to them about sportline wheels but they were £650 with hedge finder tyres. Ideally would like Borbet or Ronal, oe vw wheels.
Another one iv used in the past is wheel power but hes a bit further along in torquay, i think his sons on here aswellImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

How often do you get snow in Cornwall, is it gonna be worth it
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheney663 »

Yes there worth it, I managed to get to work for three days recently (and earned £450) and there’s no way I would have got there without them.
I payed £320 for new genuine vw 16” Ronal with new Pirelli 205/55/16 Snow Control tyres. The tyres will last me three winters and having a summer and winter set in my garage is convenient for me. My work is on the edge of Bodmin Moor which is a bit different let’s say to coastal Cornwall. I tow a trailer quite a bit, with oe Michelin Energy Saver tyres on a cold slippery country lane there’s a fair bit of traction control light action, with winter tyres it’s not a problem.
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheney663 »

Managed to buy a set of 17” OZ wheels, thanks all for advice. 👍🏻