Alloys

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Alloys

Post by hatton014 »

Im new too all this so looking at buying my first set of alloys for the caddy, so far I know to look for 5x112 , any other measurements I need? Like offset?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Alloys

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate, yeah look at rim diameter and width, offset, PCD (that’s the 5x112) Hub size (57.1 on a caddy)
Best to stay +/- 5 from your original offset.
Try this website, gives you all the info you need

Www.willtheyfit.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Re: Alloys

Post by Cabbs »

hatton014 wrote:Im new too all this so looking at buying my first set of alloys for the caddy, so far I know to look for 5x112 , any other measurements I need? Like offset?

Hi there,

There are a number of factors to consider when buying wheels.

What is the van used for? Work or daily driver?
What size wheel would you go for?
What offset / ET etc?
Are you lowering the van?
Are you going to be using coilovers or lowering springs on the front?

Comfortably and in daily use you can go to an 18 inch wheel and lower to a sensible height.

You do have the option to go to 19 or even 20 inch but the offset would have to be spot on to avoid rubbing of the arch and arch liner. Also clearance when opening the side loading door is a big factor.

Have a good through members builds in here. That will give you a good idea. Image

hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hatton014 »

Cabbs wrote: Hi there,

There are a number of factors to consider when buying wheels.

What is the van used for? Work or daily driver?
What size wheel would you go for?
What offset / ET etc?
Are you lowering the van?
Are you going to be using coilovers or lowering springs on the front?

Comfortably and in daily use you can go to an 18 inch wheel and lower to a sensible height.

You do have the option to go to 19 or even 20 inch but the offset would have to be spot on to avoid rubbing of the arch and arch liner. Also clearance when opening the side loading door is a big factor.

Have a good through members builds in here. That will give you a good idea. Image

Its all new to me, but have been pointed in the direction of this forum for excellent advice, its just used for daily use and fishing lol, I want it to be a comfortable ride so im guessing coilovers when I do get round to lowering it, and I wouldn't want to go any bigger than 18's

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

As has been said, your best bet is to look through people's build threads and get an idea of the sort of thing you're looking for then see what size they're using. I use my van for work every day and for fishing, it carries ALOT of weight permanently, it's on 19" wheels and is lowered on coilovers so I can adjust the height if need be. In my opinion you'll not find any real life difference in usability or drivability from 18" to 19" wheels and the bigger you go the better it'll look :) The height of the suspension is more important to how versatile it is for things like going down pot holed tracks around lakes, onto building sites or just generally over speed bumps etc.

There are hundreds of threads on here explaining what sizes, offsets, tyre widths, wheel widths and just about everything else you need to know about alloys and tyres so worth a search, especially after you've got full access to the whole site.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hatton014 »

Yeah, ill get a nosy later on through the sections I have access to, could be a while before I get full access

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Only 9 more posts then you’re eligible

Rescue me from the swans in me
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

I’ve driven on 15” 16” 17” 18” 19” 20”

At the moment 20” but Will go back to 19” I want a remap... 20” with 180hp+ isn’t funny with good torque. 20” is show but no go, now I’m doubting 18 or 19”

CB 66.6 66.5 can with spignotrings go back to 57.1 which is nessesary for the Caddy.

Max width is 8,5J and et42 - et48

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk