vanstyle fog light kit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

vanstyle fog light kit

Post by Taximan359 »

Has any one bought or fitted a set of aftermarket fog light kits like the ones from vanstyle which is the complete kit with loom/switch basically everything you would need which they say is plug and play would they still have to be coded ? or any other makes worth looking at or would OE fog lights be the best route any thoughts or info appreciated thanks in advance...

https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/caddy-ma ... -5878.html
TonyC
100BHP+

Re: vanstyle fog light kit

Post by TonyC »

I got one a couple weeks ago, I have still to fit the loom/switch which should hopefully be done this weekend. I'll report back and let you know how it goes. The kit i got was half the price of the vanstyle one though. If it all works well i'll link you to what i got :)
Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taximan359 »

thanks mate will wait to hear your vercict :D
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Following this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DING-DONG »

Personally I would go OE, I had several sets of Chinese fogs that filled with water and condensation, I binned em and bought OE, not more problems.

Buy cheap, Pay twice
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

I fitted a kit from ebay. You have to take the loom through a new hole which I did above the bonnet release cable with a 1 inch holesaw (not easy to do). Then use a rubber grommet from euro car parts.

It's not the most perfect as in oem looking install but it's tidy and it works. Part of the loom is too long and part if it is a bit tight so you need to be handy with tie wraps and hiding the loom where possible. Also being a facelift for me the connector for the headlight switch was wrong so I had to solder on a replacement repair wire.

Getting onto a proper grounding point is also a good idea. There is one below the washer bottle.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

Tried to get them wired up this weekend but got held back by the the connector not fitting as Maxi4life has said ^ all the look is in place now so just waiting for the repair wire to arrive so i can finally get it fully wired and see how it is working.

We did manage (with a bit of a struggle) to get the loom through the existing grommet the loom comes through below the brake fluid reservoir by poking some string through and tying it on to the fog loom and pulling it through.

will report back once the repair wire arrives
Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taximan359 »

Thanks for the info might have a trip to tps and price it up from them to see the difference in price

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taximan359 »

DING-DONG wrote:Personally I would go OE, I had several sets of Chinese fogs that filled with water and condensation, I binned em and bought OE, not more problems.

Buy cheap, Pay twice Image
If you dont mind me asking what sort of price did you pay for the OE setup thanks

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Pretty sure the OE setup would require you to make your own looms up to wire into the control module and code it in etc and the fog lights themselves are quite expensive, and the switch itself. It might be worth asking tommyzooom for a price on a loom if he still makes them.

You can also use oem fog lights with the Chinese looms, so you could always change them for genuine ones if they leaked.
Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taximan359 »

Could be a plan thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

Finally got them wired up and now working about ten mins ago, had to await a repair wire being delivered as the wiring supplied was too big to fit into pin 5. Passenger side is a little condensated but I was driving around for a few weeks without a bulb in place so ill wait and see it it dries out any or I'll dry it out before blaming the ebay cheapskate kit 🤣Image

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Look at anything electric or if the misses has any cheap shoes they normally have those silica packets throw one or two of those. Will be fine in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taximan359
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taximan359 »

TonyC wrote:Finally got them wired up and now working about ten mins ago, had to await a repair wire being delivered as the wiring supplied was too big to fit into pin 5. Passenger side is a little condensated but I was driving around for a few weeks without a bulb in place so ill wait and see it it dries out any or I'll dry it out before blaming the ebay cheapskate kit 🤣Image

Did You have a link for the kit if possible thanks in advance

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-VW ... 2749.l2649

Repair wire Part number 000979009E also required. i got that on ebay for £4.50 posted

It comes with an auto light switch but no sensor FYI