Works van

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Codling893
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Works van

Post by Codling893 »

anyone a carpenter and uses a caddy as the works van ?? I’m hoping I can just get away with how small it is lol
Andrew5
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Works van

Post by Andrew5 »

I am a joiner and use my caddy for work
I normally only carry my tools which are all cordless rarely need to carry materials but I always find it a pain when I do
Maverick58
Caddy Fan

Post by Maverick58 »

I’m a painter & decorator. I have my caddy partitioned off with a 2 foot high custom board attached to the rear of the wheel arch ply. The factory bulkhead keeps it all nice and snug and accessible from my side door which leaves loads of space to the rear. Deffo works for me and I hoik quite a bit of gear too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

Not a carpenter but a tiler, luckily don't have to carry too much large materials around but its another reason i went for a Maxi to have that extra space incase my circumstances change and i do need to. How ever the more space i have has just led to me filling it with more crap :roll:
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I'm a plasterer and my Caddy gets me to my bosses house on a morning to collect the Transit tipper, no tools or plaster in my Caddy thank you very much
Codling893
Caddy Fan

Post by Codling893 »

Cheers lads im now gona be more organised with getting things delievered ect my transit is shot on fuel and hate the look of it haha
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Maxi would be ok for site work as there's plenty of room for tools, but as a carpenter that needs to carry sheets I'd say no. The inability to go and pick stuff up like that would just cost you more than buying a bigger van in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bluebeard
200BHP+

Post by Bluebeard »

I’m a builder, mostly plastering but also do carpentry and decorating, the swb does me ok, sheets of ply and plasterboard go on the roof rack and now I’ve racked the back out I can fit nearly every tool I have in it. I’d defo get the 2.0 over the 1.6 though if you’re gonna carry a lot of weight around
kefconstruction
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by kefconstruction »

I'm a bricky plasterer with swb and carry everything needed mixer tools and a wheel barrow in back , any 8x4 sheets on roof, only thing I could say is there to good for work!!! Hate getting it dirty!!! Also have a trailer so anything that doesn't fit goes in there!! But have the 1.6 sluggish with trailer but had a remap and that's made hell of a difference

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Codling893
Caddy Fan

Post by Codling893 »

Cheers lads i know i should get the maxi but i prefer the look on the swb 🙈 i should be able to fit my festool systainer tower behind the bulk head then small rack above wheel arch 👍 im unsure on what model to go for though, startline with epack or trend/highline 😬
Bluebeard
200BHP+

Post by Bluebeard »

go for the highest spec you can afford, the more things on it the less you have to do in terms of retro fitting and "upgrades"
Codling893
Caddy Fan

Post by Codling893 »

Morning lads i did end up buying one yesterday, i only went to have drive to see what there like Image bought the trendline which is mint no a scratch,stone chip or swirl mark on it Image was really after a gunmetal or black one but i settled for this because off the condition and only done 39k miles. Gona slam it in the summer and get some 18” alloys. Before that thought i want some hids and some matching side lights anyone done this and recommend a conversion kit ? Image

Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

I’ve put an HID kit on mine and always go for the same one. I got the 55W with 6000k bulbs from HIDS4U. In my opinion it’s the best for the money and they last. I’ve had a set in my other vehicle for 3 yrs and never changed a bulb.

But again the laws change in May with the MOT and laws on HID kits. You may want to read up on it on VOSA website.

To be fair I have a spare set of headlights for the MOT so it won’t be an issue.

Maverick58
Caddy Fan

Post by Maverick58 »

it’s a H4 kit if I remember rightly for the caddy which includes a relay harness to allow the high and low beam function. Hids4u also do led sidelights and fog lamps, I changed the whole lot at the same time and makes a massive difference to both night time driving and overall front end look. Instant mot fail so keep the original bulbs handy.

Codling893
Caddy Fan

Post by Codling893 »

Nice one ive now looked on there gona order some tonight have you also changed your number plate lights ? What model caddy do you both have ?