DPF delete EGR delete

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JJSHERMAN
Caddy2k Groupie

DPF delete EGR delete

Post by JJSHERMAN »

Looking at buying a caddy but description states that its had DPF delete and EGR delete. Read online that if DPF has been removed it won't pass mot. Is this correct and should I avoid the caddy?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: DPF delete EGR delete

Post by Doc »

Yes and yes.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Aaron339
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Aaron339 »

Basically if you know a "friendly" mot station then it would probably pass as long as the emmisions values aren't ridiculous. The dpf is the difficult one if you go to a normal by the book mot station as it's a physical check now and if they see it's been opened and welded shut then it will fail UNLESS you can prove it's been opened to have the filter cleaned. If the egr has just had a software delete and not a physical delete of pipes etc and it's not kicking out smoke from the exhaust and the emmisions test isn't high then your fine. The long and short is find a test station that knows about these deletes and they should pass you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Dpf delete wouldn't stop me buying it if it looks like it's been done descretely. You could also use it as a bargaining chip and make them an offer minus the price of a replacement dpf because it may not pass mot. Really depends on the condition of the rest of the van though.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

You just need to find an mot tester who doesn't mind losing his mot license and therefore his livelihood, next thing he can't pay the bills so his wife and kids move out, then the bailiffs turn up and take everything including the house, then after three weeks on the streets that he finds impossible to adapt to they fish his body out of the river. If you can find someone who's willing to do all that for a complete stranger then buy the van
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Cheney663 »

Sarcastic, but no truer words spoken. I use to own a garage and was one of the NT’s and the AE. I’ve heard some beauties and sob stories MOT wise. It’s just not fair to expect testers to turn a blind eye, MOT testing standards are set by VOSA not
Uncle Tom Cobley at “Mot’s while you wait”
jlaamweise
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by jlaamweise »

After years of people getting away DPF/CAT deletes at the detriment of the air we breathe, it's great VOSA are finally doing something about it.

No sympathy at all for people that could have costly bills to replace them to pass the MOT again.

And I never touch a vehicle being sold with either removed. If it's passed with a bent MOT, what else has been turned a blind eye!!
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

You people are funny, but slightly deluded. It's easy to portray a holier than thou attitude on an Internet forum. Very impressive!!!

All the terrible things that go on in this world, huge crimes against the environment committed by corporations and governments every day of the week, the rainforest is being destroyed, the sea's are full of plastic, people in China can't see the sky because of the crap being constantly pumped out of factories which build the material comforts that surround YOU as you type, and you're worried about a silly filter on a 1.6 diesel engine?

And as for mot testers losing their livelihoods? Get a grip.
jlaamweise
100BHP+

Post by jlaamweise »

Did I dispute any of those points? Not at all.

Big picture dude.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Bigger picture indeed
jlaamweise
100BHP+

Post by jlaamweise »

Agree to disagree then.

I will say one thing though...I know of 2 MOT testers now who have come under the watchful eye of VOSA. Both of which because people have been bragging on forums about getting their decatted cars through dodgy MOTs on forums. Doesn't take 2 mins to run a plate and trace it back.

No sympathy though. They knew what they we're doing.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Really? Our authorities struggle to act when a terrorist who's already known to them is about to strike against the public or a child sex ring known to the police has been abusing kids for years, so I find it very hard to believe that vosa have somebody scouring car forums looking for people who have had de-cat pipes fitted or dpf's removed, then hunting down the individual who mot'd their vehicle. Sounds like a far fetched internet Chinese whisper to me mate.

I've worked in the motor trade for 32 years and I've never met an mot tester who's had this problem.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I've been working on a house for about three weeks now for a lovely family, very friendly and upbeat despite their eleven year old daughter living with leukaemia, the family never complained once and the little girl was full of life and optimism despite weekly 80 mile round trips for chemotherapy treatments that made her violently ill, I'm not saying diesel gave her cancer but diesel DOES cause cancer, especially when you get spoilt bastards who make theirs even more toxic and compare it to terrorism to justify it! I for one hope that VOSA come down like a ton of bricks on dpf and egr deletes
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am especially when you get spoilt bastards who make theirs even more toxic and compare it to terrorism to justify it! I for one hope that VOSA come down like a ton of bricks on dpf and egr deletes
I'll just pick this section from your post as the rest of it is not really something I would comment on on a car forum.

Firstly, spoilt bastards? Secondly, compare it to terrorism to justify it? Thirdly, my dpf and egr are both intact as they were from factory, for now.
jlaamweise
100BHP+

Post by jlaamweise »

About time Doc shut this down.

Apologies for the OP...guess you have your answer.