2015 caddy bonnet won’t open

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CieranL555
Caddy2k Groupie

2015 caddy bonnet won’t open

Post by CieranL555 »

Went to open my bonnet yesterday and wouldn’t open. I can the the cable moving on the handle from inside as I thought it may have been that end. Is there a way of opening the bonnet from removing the be badge seen a few golf and passats and has anyone had the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: 2015 caddy bonnet won’t open

Post by CaddyShack2k »

There's another thread on this subject and if I remember rightly it wasn't an easy fix, I think in the end he took it to a garage and got them to sort it. Good luck
smunter1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2015 caddy bonnet won’t open

Post by smunter1 »

CieranL555 wrote:Went to open my bonnet yesterday and wouldn’t open. I can the the cable moving on the handle from inside as I thought it may have been that end. Is there a way of opening the bonnet from removing the be badge seen a few golf and passats and has anyone had the same issue.

Hey. I had the same thing on my 2011 bonnet. Unfortunately you won’t get to it through the badge.. if it’s the same problem as mine, the cable has come detached from the latch (vw don’t put the strongest connectors on). Took mine to a garage and the only way they could get to it was a man with very thin arms and a hook to go up between the bumper and the rad to unlatch the bonnet. If you’ve got a long book, or very skinny arms, that’s the way to do it. Hope this helps