Dashboard tray removal

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
neillr
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Dashboard tray removal

Post by neillr »

Trying to remove the centre tray on top of the dashboard to run a cable. I can get it partially lifted but not right out. Any tips?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Dashboard tray removal

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
The top tray has two spring clips on the side further from the windscreen. You'll need apair of 2mm Allen keys or similar.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Dashboard tray removal

Post by Bionicman »

Greetings neillr, the dash tray is quite a tight fit with them metal clips at the front, back and sides in order to remove it, however what I did was to use some thin cutlery/eating knives to prize the clips inwards and pulling upwards on the tray. It goes without saying to be careful not to damage the surrounding plastic whilst doing it this way. Better still if you have plastic trim removal tools to use them instead. Good luck.