audi A3 8P round vents ????

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

audi A3 8P round vents ????

Post by sheepy92 »

am i right in saying theyre a straight fit or do they require a alterations ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: audi A3 8P round vents ????

Post by Doc »

Nope, not a straight fit.
There are a few people who have fitted them, I seem to remember the preferred method was to chop up your caddy dash vent to provide a fitting "ring" for the 8p A3 vent to sit into. Then you need to adapt the rear to meet the caddy dash ducting.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
kieronb
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kieronb »

I bought some thinking they were but as said, they're not although not difficult.

8V Vents look to be the best upgrade as they're nearly a straight fit but you'll pay muchos for these..
:shock:
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by sheepy92 »

kieronb wrote:I bought some thinking they were but as said, they're not although not difficult.

8V Vents look to be the best upgrade as they're nearly a straight fit but you'll pay muchos for these..
what sort of works involved in making them fit i persume i need to remove the surround off old ones ans cut out to glue new ones in place also do the vents sit nicely in the ducting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk