P0606 fault code ecu?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

P0606 fault code ecu?

Post by Limbo118118 »

Hello all!

My van went into limp mode yesterday with flashing mangement light... turned it off and on an then drove ok again but light still flashed.

Came to it today an was perfect no light an drove fine.. took it to the garage and had it fault scanned and it has come up with p0606 ecm fault?

They think it could need ecu sending off to be fixed!?

Anyone had any experience with this fault? Any idea what i should do? Im abit stuck! Van was fine today 😂 and now there wanting it for 2 weeks to get ecu sent off an god knows how much its going to cost
Insta : Limbo118118
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: P0606 fault code ecu?

Post by dipstr »

Limbo118118 wrote:Hello all!

My van went into limp mode yesterday with flashing mangement light... turned it off and on an then drove ok again but light still flashed.

Came to it today an was perfect no light an drove fine.. took it to the garage and had it fault scanned and it has come up with p0606 ecm fault?

They think it could need ecu sending off to be fixed!?

Anyone had any experience with this fault? Any idea what i should do? Im abit stuck! Van was fine today Image and now there wanting it for 2 weeks to get ecu sent off an god knows how much its going to cost
Sounds like ecu has had a hissy fit. Try erasing and then drive it and see how you get on. That's what I would do .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

P0606 - ECU internal memory fault.
This might be early signs of a terminal fault with your ECU.
Did they give you a print out if the fault generated, engine RPM, voltage, temperature etc?? It is something I would personally log all data and then clear the fault, it might never come back.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan

Post by Limbo118118 »

I have no more info on it currently. They just gave me the fault code but i do have vagcom at home which is handy.

There currently speaking to RAC who my warranty is with to see if its covered to get sent off an possibly repaired.

Typical had just finished the rear insualtion etc and planned on first weekend away this Easter :/
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan

Post by Limbo118118 »

Just got off the phone to the garage. Rac agreed to pay for ecu to be sent off an repaired. I just have to pay for the fault scan. So not too bad. Just a long 2 week wait now