Golf R seats in my Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ripper182
Caddy2k Groupie

Golf R seats in my Caddy

Post by Ripper182 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi All, Ive seen a few posts on here about fitting other seats in Caddy's so I wanted to put up my own post just to say how I have got on switching out my seats.

So a year ago I fitted some Recaro CS seats from a lotus Evora and they have been great, but they didn't have any height adjustment and aren't heated or have airbags plus I had to make up some brackets that didn't look particularly good so I've been waiting for the right set to come along.

After a few weeks of looking I found a nice set of Mk6 Golf R black leather seats from a 2012 car with air bags/heating and are electrically controlled, I did some research on how they will/ or wouldn't fit and found some info but not loads and with differing opinions.

I have a 2016 VW Caddy and have fitted the seats today with ease, this is what I did.

Removed the Recaro's
Removed the frames that the original Caddy seats were bolted into
Then I fitted Touran bases with storage boxes from a 2012 model and they bolted straight in with the original bolts
Once these were in I had to cut the locating lugs off the bottoms of the seats as they were in different positions to the ones that would have been fitted on the Touran seats.
The seats bolted straight in with the original bolts and fit perfectly, the only down side is that none of the the electrical connections on the seats match the van connectors so they will need to be altered which is the next job to do. I'll post up on this once its done.

Hope this helps some of you.

John

DH1995
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Golf R seats in my Caddy

Post by DH1995 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi mate, how did you get on fitting these? Looking at a set of Golf R seats myself for a 63 plate Caddy Maxi.