Adaptive cruise control

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tomkin
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Adaptive cruise control

Post by Tomkin »

Hello there, is there anyone who could help me please, I have a 2017 caddy 150 highline and am trying to fit adaptive cruise, have fitted a steering wheel with left side adaptive button but keep getting 1 code in engine saying

17149 check coding of ecus on powertrain data bus p1647 00 (167) problem is there's no coding table I have gone into byte 5 and added a 6 and removed 5 but no luck, I can't see any component protection on there also. So would any one kindly give me a scan code please if you have adaptive cruise fitted.

Many thanks tom.
feherb
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Adaptive cruise control

Post by feherb »

Hello!

I was trying to fit ACC into my Caddy 4. As far as I know you need a new ABS control unit. It isn't cheap.
WantOnsKan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by WantOnsKan »

Probably need that new ABS unit to automatically apply the brakes. I'm wondering if my caddy has the other abs unit as it has park assist.

I've seen when I drive forward too fast while park assist is doing its thing, the caddy brakes automatically.
Tomkin
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Tomkin »

Thank you
Just a update I've spoken to the dealer and the abs pump is the same as one with adaptive cruise apparently, wondering if the component protection I stopping me from coding. Not sure if I have the coding correct or if the steering wheel buttons are correct also from a Tiguan 5ta.

Thanks.
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

5ta is Touran and I have that wheel in my van and yes ACC has component protection as well.
If you installed it and code correctly it still more likely need to be matched at dealers but as far as I know it can reject the pairing as I heard that VW online is checking vin numbers prior to any coding so if your car didn’t have options fitted from factory and try to code them in they’ll be rejected. Not sure how true it is tho. It sucks if it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk