Electric Window won’t stay up!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
SJJ
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Electric Window won’t stay up!

Post by SJJ »

Yesterday when I was driving home I put my window down then when I clicked the button for it to go up it would go all the way up then come half way back down again. I tried it about 20 times and in the end I just had to stop it just near the top for it to stay up. This morning it’s working fine??? So have no idea why it was doing this has this happened to anyone else?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Electric Window won’t stay up!

Post by Doc »

Have you got wind deflectors or maybe something stuck in your window seal?
The dropping back down is typical of the window sensing some obstruction and not travelling the whole way to the top as it should.
You can make the motor relearn the limits by holding the window switch for 5-10 seconds after the window has reached the top or bottom.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
jlaamweise
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by jlaamweise »

Didn't know that regarding relearning the settings!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's in the manual, if you have one. Image
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort