Steep learning curve.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
sleepyshrek
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Steep learning curve.

Post by sleepyshrek »

Folks,
I don't consider myself to be a 'thicko' but reading stuff about thermoelectric coolers and wheel offset has made me realise I know nothing about this 'caddy world' that I've chosen to join.
Do you think there should be an Idiots Page where people like me can admit to there inadequacies without the fear of wasting the time of the clever people on the site?
Seriously though, I just haven't a clue about so many things. This was supposed to be a bit of fun. It's turning into an OU course.
Guess I'll just have to keep asking. Bear with me, please.
ATB
Ed
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Steep learning curve.

Post by hef355 »

sleepyshrek wrote:Folks,
I don't consider myself to be a 'thicko' but reading stuff about thermoelectric coolers and wheel offset has made me realise I know nothing about this 'caddy world' that I've chosen to join.
Do you think there should be an Idiots Page where people like me can admit to there inadequacies without the fear of wasting the time of the clever people on the site?
Seriously though, I just haven't a clue about so many things. This was supposed to be a bit of fun. It's turning into an OU course.
Guess I'll just have to keep asking. Bear with me, please.
ATB
Ed
Hi there mate, I think you’ll find that every member of this forum is helpful, with most surpassing any expectation or limit of support. It is indeed a minefield and quite addictive and being a relatively new member, I still consider myself very much an idiot compared to some fine forum members who are literally on par with the late Mr Hawking no less! However, you’ll find that help is always at hand, with anything and everything as well as a great opportunity to meet and get to know a fine bunch of blokes! Always here to help if I can and never feel embarrassed to askImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

As Hef says, you'll get plenty of help on here. Best thing to do if you feel like you're asking a silly question (there's no such thing really) is to do your initial reasearch by using the search facility because chances are that whatever you want to know has already been discussed so the knowledge is already there for you.

I've learned so much since getting my Caddy just over 2 years ago but I still use the search facility all the time, 9 times out of 10 the info I require is there plus a load more that I didn't realise I needed to know :) You best start worrying about your wallet though as things WILL get expensive when you begin modifying :shock:
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Yeah they will. Money money I’m a idiot totally but I have managed to stumble my way through. Don’t be afraid to ask. You never no you might have a original question.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Don’t worry about it mate, that’s the whole point of this forum, to help and learn from each other.
I’d never even heard of wheel offsets until I decided to fit alloys, I’ve never changed the wheels on a vehicle before so I’d never given it a thought, but you just pick stuff up as you go along.
Don’t be afraid to ask any question at all, someone will always help. After all, we’ve all been there where we are considering a mod and aren’t sure where to start

Rescue me from the swans in me