Suspension Setup

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Suspension Setup

Post by Caddyluv »

So point this out when you take it back. I wouldn’t worry about the bump stop I bet they won’t even notice it. I would be very surprised if they won’t repair it or help you coz of a cut bump stop. You can say if they sorted it in the first place you wouldn’t have to had to cut it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J1220
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J1220 »

Not taking a chance with the dealers any excuse and they’ll want to get away with it. I have some new bump stops so better to fit before it goes in.

Anyone with knowledge how to fit rear bump stops?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

J1220 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:21 pm 50 is what the upgrade factory wheels come with.

Does anyone know how to replace the bump stops as I’ll need to take van back to VW to get inspected.

On further looking at this it doesn’t seem that the rear axel is lined up correctly. The gap between the tyre and arch liner on N/S is approx 10mm less that O/S 😳
The rear axle is "floating" which means there is slight movement side to side, they're all like it. If you park on a slight angle one way your axle will be pushed more to one side, park on a different angle and it'll be different.

As for replacing with new bump stops, I feel that you're worrying far too much about VW. They've given you a lowered van with a minor problem. You've cured the problem by doing what I suggested in post 14 of this thread but now you want to recreate the problem again? VW have no real clue when it comes to doing this kind of thing, they just fit parts, end of story.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
J1220
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J1220 »

Good to learn it’s a floating axle.
My concern is that that gap on the n/s wheel in relation to the wheel arch is closer than the o/s. I’ve tried parking on different road surfaces with gradient/camber of the road but it still remains the same.
The point of replacing the bump stops is so the dealer doesn’t refuse a potential warranty claim as they were clear when they first inspected the vehicle that any changes to the bump stop WILL effect the warranty I regards to rear suspension.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Take it to another vw then. Mine in ashford would batter a eyelid.

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Then point out to them that you've fixed the problem they left you with by simply removing a notch or 2 from the bump stops, as per every other lowered caddy in the world. Tell them if they won't now cover it under warranty then they'll need to foot the entire bill to replace your lowering kit with standard items because it wasn't useable the way they gave it to you.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
J1220
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J1220 »

Just an update...

Finally got the suspension issue sorted out. VW replaced the complete lowing kit under warranty including the rear wheel arches as they were damaged due to tyre contact. The new Eibach lowing kit for VW has had some revisions made to the spec and design of the components. I can report that both wheels are now sitting central in the arches and same on O/S and N/S.

There was also a TPU for a cambelt and cambelt tensioner which got done.

So far all good.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DJOHALL »

Have u anymore information about the TUP for the cambelt and tensioner?
J1220
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J1220 »

DJOHALL wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:41 am Have u anymore information about the TUP for the cambelt and tensioner?
On the invoice it just states:
REPLACED CAMBELT AND TENSIONER AS PER TPI

I asked them what it is about and the reply "product enhancement"

sorry dont have more than that.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DJOHALL »

J1220 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:14 pm On the invoice it just states:
REPLACED CAMBELT AND TENSIONER AS PER TPI

I asked them what it is about and the reply "product enhancement"

sorry dont have more than that.
Just had my van in recently with VW and they never mentioned anything about It, I must enquire to see if I'm in the same boat.
Vac
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Vac »

All very interesting. :D
Sportvan
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Sportvan »

Interesting about the cam belt and tensioner. Any extra info would be great and what engines it covers.

My Caddy is on the factory lowering kit and is bouncy and nods along the roads. Both front mudflaps have been destroyed on B roads and the van can become very unsettled at times. It sits slightly higher than yours.

Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey
Sportvan
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Sportvan »

Oh and prefer your Rockhampton wheels to my Canyon’s. I think it’s just too much grey going on. Would look better on silver wheels.

Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey