No headlight adjustment on touran 4 pod Headlights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bigmac
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

No headlight adjustment on touran 4 pod Headlights

Post by bigmac »

Hi guys.

I have checked previous headlight adjustment post but can't find anything relevant so wondering if anyone can help.

As per title, I swapped my 3 pod Headlights for a pair of 4 pod Headlights from a touran. Whilst everything seemed plug and play, and all lights worked as they should, my headlight adjustment via the dial on the headlight switch is no longer working.

At the same time I also swapped my rear light clusters as per the "how to" and obviously coded them in with VCDS, could I have done something with the coding which is causing it? Or is it just a coincidence that both the headlight adjustment motors have both gone at the same time?

I do still have the old headlights which I can take the motors out of. This was going to be the next step but thought I'd ask here first in case anyone could shed any light on it.

Thanks

Ben

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: No headlight adjustment on touran 4 pod Headlights

Post by Doc »

Do your new headlights have the adjustment motors in them?
I recall there were black 4 pod lights years ago that came with no motors in.

Coding won't be a problem as the leveling isn't coded, it's just a variable voltage direct from the adjustment wheel to the headlights.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
bigmac
100BHP+

Post by bigmac »

Thank you for your quick reply doc. Both headlamps have adjustment motors in. The car that they have come off had sat at a local garage for a very long time after the engine went and the owner never came back to claim the car so they broke it.

I doubt there is a separate fuse for headlight adjustment is there?

I suppose I'll have to just plug in my old headlights and see if the adjustment works on them to rule out switch failure and then take it from there.

It looks like a nightmare of a job to change the motors now in situ!!

Cheers

Ben

bigmac
100BHP+

Post by bigmac »

I was just unlucky, both motors had failed on my replacement headlights. I changed the motors from my originals and all sorted now.
Cheers Doc