Fuel and diesel system cleaner

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jamesya1988
Caddy Fan

Fuel and diesel system cleaner

Post by jamesya1988 »

Alrite lads,

Just bought my Caddy in last month it’s a 15 plate 1.6tdi so obviously I’ve heard about these faulty injectors

I’m using bp ultimate diesel to run it, is their any need to use anything like redex or something similar or is that overkill?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Fuel and diesel system cleaner

Post by Bionicman »

Hi jamesya 1988,
Just keep using quality diesel as the better diesel has a slightly higher cetane rating which helps complete the combustion cycle more quickly and cleanly. Basically the diesel ignites better. Nothing to stop you using Millers diesel power ecomax if you use cheap supermarket diesel as Millers is a cetane boost additive as well as a detergent.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The 1.6TDI injector failure problem is in the electrical circuit within the injector, it is not fuel related so your choice of fuel will make little difference.
It can't hurt to run premium fuels, I have used nothing else in my caddy. I justified that by going from a 160 miles daily commute to just 60 miles, I still spend a lot less than I used to on fuel.
Wynns formula gold is my fuel additive of choice, I use it every 3-4 tanks.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
jamesya1988
Caddy Fan

Post by jamesya1988 »

Cheers for the advice guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk