Interior lights not working when doors open

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
MattRS
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Interior lights not working when doors open

Post by MattRS »

Looking for some help guys.

Both interior lights don’t come on when unlocking or opening the doors. Switched the front 1 to the on position and it came on for a few seconds and then it went off and wouldn’t work again.Bulb warning light came on the dash so I checked and changed the fuse The lights work in the on position again but still nothing when opening or unlocking.

The previous owner has installed (badly) some footwell lights so I removed them and unwired it all. It was just twisted bare wires

Ran a check on OBDeleven and it came up with a few codes. 1 being a short on the interior light which I guess blew the fuse. Reset it and it didn’t come up again.

So here is my problem, it won’t let me into the courtesy control module so tried on VCDS and it won’t either. Is it dead? Comes up with a fault code 46 but I can’t see what it is.
MattRS
Caddy Fan

Re: Interior lights not working when doors open

Post by MattRS »

Update on this just in case someone has the same problem in the future.

After a lot of hunting about on the internet I still could find any real answers. I found out much to my dogs surprise when I left him in the van while I went to the shop, the button to turn off the interior alarm also stopped working as the siren was going off when I got back.

So after checking every fuse to find nothing I striped the light unit out and found I had power to it when the door was open and it would power down then locking the doors or starting the engine. So all as expected but just no illumination. Did the same with the rear light and it was the same. It also seemed to sense the doors opening ok and closing, as I would see 12v on the blue wire (the 1 that supplies the power from the control module.

Gave up for a bit then remembered I had read somewhere on the net that you can reset everything by disconnecting the battery.

Did that for 10mins and everything is working again. So if you blow a fuse and can’t get the lights working, try disconnecting the battery.
Simbo1984
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Simbo1984 »

I have this exact problem and it’s had my head battered for months tried new lights front and back and got no where will try this over the weekend 🙏🏻
MattRS
Caddy Fan

Post by MattRS »

Good luck mate.
Simbo1984
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Simbo1984 »

MattRS wrote:Good luck mate.
Well mate your a legend! I did as ya said and boom Image there back on thanks for the help.
Not bothering me at min but last winter was hell in the dark nights and no interior light trying to see where to put key etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MattRS
Caddy Fan

Post by MattRS »

Great news mate. Glad it worked for you