Pioneer sph da110 advice and help please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Andy1234
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Pioneer sph da110 advice and help please

Post by Andy1234 »

Hello everyone
I have been given a pioneer sph da110 radio for free.
I was hoping for some advice please
Are they any good? And will it work ok in my 2006
I use iPhones and just before I order the cables and radio face plate (£70) I was wondering is it worth fitting or not and what’s involved.
Many thanks in advance
Andy1234
100BHP+

Re: Pioneer sph da110 advice and help please

Post by Andy1234 »

Anyone?

I have thrown caution to the wind and ordered the cables anyway.
Hopefully get time to fit this weekend.
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by JD2k »

I fitted a SPH-DA120 to my 2012 1.6tdi, I'm guessing they're pretty similar?
I ordered a Connects2 CT24VW12 fascia kit and after ordering the wrong wiring harness, I found that @Mindak used a connnects2 ctsvw002.2 harness for his head unit. It's plug and play, I've had no problems so far.
With regards to the head unit, the bluetooth connectivity works perfectly fine, the touch screen is pretty responsive and the iphone apps work well through the apple car play.
I've got a reverse camera and underseat sub to connect to mine so will be pulling it all back out at the weekend.
ImageImageImage
Andy1234
100BHP+

Post by Andy1234 »

Good to hear they are a good unit.
How do you fine the radio reception?
After fitting an after market head unit to my wife’s beetle the radio is pants! And I fitted a booster too.
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

On the list to do this week is connect my aerial adapter so I will let you know how I find the radio reception.. I've not come across anyone else who has noted issues with the reception so hopefully it should be fine.
ImageImageImage
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

the connects he told you about i s the one to use.gives you a reverse signal.a switched power.wire for lights and wire for navi unit. it makes hooking up ur pioneer easy,neat no cuting up any wires the pioneers are made for i phone and i pods they work very well with it i use them if you use a amp with it never ever ever hot swap the rca cables or you can blow the pico fuse and get engine whine
mostlysimon
200BHP+

Post by mostlysimon »

donnielee wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 pm the connects he told you about i s the one to use.gives you a reverse signal.a switched power.wire for lights and wire for navi unit. it makes hooking up ur pioneer easy,neat no cuting up any wires the pioneers are made for i phone and i pods they work very well with it i use them if you use a amp with it never ever ever hot swap the rca cables or you can blow the pico fuse and get engine whine
That's really handy to know, I just bought an sph-da230dab and got an ignition canbus adaptor, but if that one above gives you the reverse signal and lights too that'd be miles easier to install. Bit of a daft question, but if I currently don't have the reverse cam activated in vcds will the signal wire still get power to the stereo loom when the van is in reverse? PS. Apologies for the thread hijack!
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

you want and need the canbus adaptor and the pioneer lead for steering wheel controls you will have a purple wire tagged reverse signal on the back of the pioneer,it will hookup to the purple wire coming from the canbuss adapter that will give you your signal for camera i tied the power wire from camera to the red switched wire and the blk. ground to to the grouding bolt under the tray under the ashtray, then put the rca wire in ti RC on back of the pioneer and you got a working camera i just did a avhz3000dab
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

as far as your question goes i dont know but i would wire it up and see if it works,i didnt use vcds to turn mine on
mostlysimon
200BHP+

Post by mostlysimon »

Fantastic, cheers for that mate.