Carpetting The Rear

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JBBlounty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Carpetting The Rear

Post by JBBlounty »

Hi Guys
New to the forum and already had some help, Thanks DOC!

I get my Caddy soon and already got a load of stuff to change.

Just a couple of things, is it a big job to carpet the rear?? or just a bit fiddly??

Fog lights as well, ive got a kit coming and wondered if there is a how to on how to fit?? do they just plug straight in or is it more in depth??

Sorry for the newbie questions, MTB Bikes is my main thing, im useless when it comes to vehicle stuff!

Cheers in advance

Jono
MattRS
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Carpetting The Rear

Post by MattRS »

Welcome mate.

Carpeting the rear is not too difficult. I did mine recently. Have a search for my thread as I asked the same and people offered advice. Best to get the stretch carpet as it really does make it easier for the tricky curves. If the van is ply lined then remove the panels and carpet them outside, that’s the easiest way.

Can’t help with the fog lights as I’ve not fitted them.
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

hi mate just finished mine today,much easier if its plyed,theres pictures on ,what have you done to your van today.towords the end of the thread,use the 4 way stretch mate its ace.
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
btaylor2k
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by btaylor2k »

Ive just done my van, first time ive tried it myself, and it wasn't too bad.
I took the side door off to so that, but rear doors i left in place, its a satisfying job once ya done it yourself for sure.

My build thread (caddy rouge) has some pics of it being done if ya want ideas
Kerbside Kustoms
Bakester69
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Bakester69 »

Hopefully this is as straightforward as people make it sound as I’m going to have a crack at it this weekend. Keep you all posted!
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

This is mine and if I can do it. You can do it. It does help if you have a helper hold a end of the fabric or the other end of the ply. But you can do it on your own. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk