Advice - Looking/Buying a Caddy 200 Miles Away

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JJSHERMAN
Caddy2k Groupie

Advice - Looking/Buying a Caddy 200 Miles Away

Post by JJSHERMAN »

Any advice for how to go about buying a caddy 200 miles away?

Do i get the train up and hope its decent and drive home?

Do i drive 6-8hr round trip to view first?

Also would be going by myself if that makes a difference?

Any help ideas welcomed.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Advice - Looking/Buying a Caddy 200 Miles Away

Post by Doc »

If the seller is genuine and believes you are a potential buyer, I should hope they'll provide all the photos you want to satisfy yourself that it's worth the trip. Then, it's only the start up and test drive you need to be concerned about.
If it's been used as a van you know not to expect it to be spotlessly clean and vice versa if it's been sold as "only used as a car" you know not to expect dings, scratches, wear etc.
Service history and mileage, while important, are all to easy to falsify these days. Take a good look around and draw your own conclusions to whether it's been well cared for or not.
I'd regard a 200,000 mile work van which has been looked after with the same regard as a 60,000 mile van that's been running around on the same oil and tyres all its life.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort