Noob with a couple of questions you've no doubt answered before

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Basil
Caddy2k Groupie

Noob with a couple of questions you've no doubt answered before

Post by Basil »

Hi all

Apologies in advance could you tell me which side rail is needed for a 2014 SWB caddy to accept a rail cover on the Near Side; i think i need: 2K0 843 871 J will L or T fit? or is one of those for a Maxi?

Second will a glovebox lid 2K1 857 122 9B9 fit more or less straight in? I've seen the Van-X one but they appear grey and i need black and i've read the handle is a weak point so i'm thinking a OEM part should stand up better.

Thanks.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Noob with a couple of questions you've no doubt answered before

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The side rail to hold the cover on your 2014 SWB has a current part number of 2K0-843-871-T and lists at £40.31 on the VW parts database.
All previous part number have been superseded to this current number.

On the subject of storage box lids, there is nothing available from VW for the RHD caddy. The part number you have I cannot see on the parts database but it is quite similar to the number for the LHD lid which does not fit the standard open compartment and has a specific main compartment to suit the lid. If you have a RHD caddy, I'm sad to say, your only option is the Van-x lid and yes it could be better quality.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

I was one of the first to get a vanx glovebox, and haven't had any problems. I even trimmed my glovebox handle, possibly putting extra strain on it?
It is a very good colour match for my 2014 swb.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

As said in a previous post sometime ago by myself its a bit of a pita about them not making a glove box for the RHD mk 3 Caddy. Surely this would only of meant the oem manufactures to change the plastic moulding machine to produce a RHD glove box as it is simply the reverse (or opposite side) of a LHD glove box, or am I missing something there? They would of sold thousands of them if they had of produced it.
Basil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Basil »

Thanks very much :Thumbsup:

Does that rail come with the little black plastic clips included or do i need to ask for them too?

I'll have another look at the Van-X g/box although, can i just ask anybody with one if they're definitely more grey than they are black?

Perhaps i'll try painting/trimming or flocking one :?:
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Hi Basil,
Yes the guide rail should come with the clips attached to it. These can also be purchased separately should you ever break one.
Other parts needed are 2 x M6 X 16mm stainless steel semi round bolts with a spline socket head (Part # WHT001692) and 2 x M6 spire nuts for securing the rail cover at the front to the factory fitted bracket and 1 x rear cover clip which basically looks like a black bung. Part # 7H0843658A. It is a dead easy job to do with the right tools.
Basil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Basil »

Thanks for those :)
Basil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Basil »

One rail and cover ready to fit when I get chance, thanks for the help guys.

Will get some pics up soon.