electric windows retrofit?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nick Mc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

electric windows retrofit?

Post by Nick Mc »

hi all

can electric windows be easily retrofitted to a 2012 model?

thanks
nick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: electric windows retrofit?

Post by Doc »

Yes, with the correct parts a professional should be able to retrofit electric windows in a couple or three hours.
There is a how-to on the forum which was written before your caddy was released so some of the info may be irrelevant.
Essentially, the preferred method is to source some used window motors, door cards with switches and looms and then a wire is required from the fuse box to the A pillar sockets and again onward from there to the door motor.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nick Mc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nick Mc »

thanks doc guess i better get searching then! am i right in thinking the motors just bolt straight on?

nick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Physically fitting the motors is the easy part, just three screws.
Your existing control module will be rivited on so that needs drilled off. Then remove three screws from the winder mechanism, pull it off and replace with the motor and combined control module.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nick Mc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nick Mc »

doc
whats the control module thats already on the door for then?

cheers
nick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Central locking, door warning lights (if you have them), electric mirrors (if you have them)....
Anything on the door really.