2014 Caddy clocks help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
mcbonio
Caddy2k Groupie

2014 Caddy clocks help

Post by mcbonio »

Hi.!

I want to upgrade my low line 2014 Caddy to have MFD via trip stalk.. but can't find out if my clocks are low or mid line...

My clocks part number is: 2K0920 966A

Anyone know?

Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 2014 Caddy clocks help

Post by Doc »

Yours is midline. There is no lowline since 2010.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

You should be able to get some basic info from that cluster, ie temp, trip, mpg etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcbonio
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mcbonio »

Thanks guys!

Ah great, yeah I'm just looking for a bit more functionality.

So other than coding, what else do I need?

Stalk with trip button? Slip ring?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The stalks are one piece for both sides on your caddy.
You can fit a set with trip or even trip & cruise control if you fancy.
There should be no need to fit a new slipping.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
mcbonio
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mcbonio »

Thanks guys, getting the stalks are easy enough..

I'm advanced at coding for BMW, and have various tools and programs that can be used..

Are there any other alternatives to coding for VWs other than RossTech? Seems odd how one company can have the whole market stitched up..
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There are several universal diagnostics tools which support VW coding, OBD Eleven springs to mind.
Vag Can Pro is another tool but it is far from as user friendly as VCDS and the GUI takes some getting used to.
VCDS is by far the best tool in terms of breaking down all the bits/bytes in the coding, other tools might allow you to edit them but may not have a description of the options.