Newbie needs help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Newbie needs help

Post by Wattsy »

Hi guys, I’m sure I joined this forum 2 years ago when I got my caddy but couldn’t log in for toffee so created a new account! Anyway, I’ve got a problem with my front central locking on my 07 caddy. The battery was flat today as it’s been off the road for a week, I jumped started it and all was well until I tried to lock it this evening, here are the facts.

1.fob locks and unlocks back and side doors only and works front windows.

2. Key in drivers door lock only locks/unlocks drivers door nothing else (no central locking)

3. Key held in lock/unlock works windows.

I’ve tried disconnecting the battery for a while and I’ve tried various methods to re sync the fob but to no avail.

Any ideas will be gratefully received as currently I can’t lock the passenger side at all.
Thanks in advance!
Kev
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by Wattsy »

Any ideas guys? I’m really stuck and can’t lock my van!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

What condition is your Caddys battery in, good healthy voltage?
Try running the engine, hold the revs at 1800rpm ish to make sure the alternator is working at full voltage, try locking on the button on the inside of the driver's door.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

Battery is fine mate, I crashed the van a week ago and have fixed it all up now, in that time the locking/unlocking worked fine it jus seems since the battery actually went flat that the front doors no longer lock! Fob battery is fine, vehicle battery fine.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Has the airbag module got any faults or crash data?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

The airbag did go off and I replaced it, and I replaced the o/s seatbelt but I didn’t realise both seatbelts go and have yet to replace the n/s so the air bag light is still on at present? Surely this can’t be causing it can it?
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

So after a little search it seems ill need to replace the airbag module once I’ve done the n/s seatbelt due to the crash? If I replace the seatbelt and module will this solve my central locking issue?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I suspect it might, hence my previous posts.
When airbags go off all the passenger doors unlock, I reckon the central locking is then blocked by the airbag module.
I may be wrong.

Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

If I get a 2nd hand airbag module with no crash data will it need to be coded on vagcom? Thanks for your help by the way doc appreciate it.