How to adjust Steering Characteristic Curve / Steering Assist?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: How to adjust Steering Characteristic Curve / Steering Assist?

Post by Doc »

Hi Dan.
Odis may not be the best option for this, VCP should do the job.
Do you know why the steering assist has been adjusted when changing the ECU?
In my experience, even with the heavy settings, the steering isn't as bad as you describe.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The engine ECU shouldn't have had any effect on the steering assist. I'm wondering if maybe something has been turned off inadvertently such as the steering angle sensor which is the main control for steering assist.
Did your guys report of any fault codes when trying to set the characteristics curve?

Top mounts might not last as long with stiffer suspension, the vibrations will be transmitted more as the shock absorber doesn't soak up as much. Wearing out sooner is quite typical.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You are probably better off finding someone who has a genuine and registered copy and knows how to use it rather than trying to buy a fake and working out how to use it.

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

How to adjust Steering Characteristic Curve / Steering Assist?

Post by Caddyluv »

I know a guy in Hemel Hempstead how’s that?

Claudiu2s

He is on the forum good guy done a few guys work on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk