Windscreen Replacement - Green Tint

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
3socksmorgan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Windscreen Replacement - Green Tint

Post by 3socksmorgan »

Morning All,

Has anyone else had trouble getting their Windscreens replaced by Autoglass - my 2014 Maxi (Highline) has a green tint at the top of the screen (matches the slight green tint on the side windows) and Autoglass are saying that this is not standard. Apparently they only replace with what it left the factory with? Surely this is factory standard isn't it ?

Anyone else experienced this ?
3-Socksmorgan
Turning it up to the MAXi 8)
Ell.s

Re: Windscreen Replacement - Green Tint

Post by Ell.s »

I had this problem getting my screen replaced on my scirocco, the top of the screen had a definite green tint the same as the side windows and the "same as oem" screen autoglass had did not, I was told that was the only screen made for my car and that vw use the same supplier, I insisted on a screen being ordered from vw and even agreed to pay for the extra if the screen did not have a green tint..... The screen arrived from vw the following week and I was called by a very sheepish autoglass manager apologising.
Torpa
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Torpa »

I had my screen replaced a couple of weeks ago and asked them if there where any tinted at the top screens for the Caddy but they told me there was not.
It was at the oem Vag garage.
From Sweden
PaulC61
Hyper Poster

Post by PaulC61 »

Not sure about the green tint at the top of the screen but this was posted recently.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=34753

Looks like the best thing to do if autofarce can not get what you want is to get it sorted via VW.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

Yeah that was me however it didn't have the tint despite being told it would have. Seems it's just hit and miss with these companies but you're within your rights to send them back if they don't bring what you requested. I wish you luck! Please let us know how you get on

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

3socksmorgan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by 3socksmorgan »

Thanks guys, I've already turned them away once - ironically it was their engineer that spotted it before he even got the new one out of his van :lol: The manager tried to tell me that the green tint was an after market extra...

I'll let you know how I get on.
3-Socksmorgan
Turning it up to the MAXi 8)