Coat hooks and ply mounting side panels

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Coat hooks and ply mounting side panels

Post by Golfchick »

So sitting in the hospital today mooching about the next van ideas, I found mention of the caddy life bulkhead replacements which I of course knew about but spotted one company also mentioned the dangling grab handles and coat hooks but I can’t find a photo of them to see about the coat hook element but I’m guessing with some dremel action I may be able to fit them into my trimmed down sides. Riding through the winter will mean soggy jackets and I’d been planning on installing a pop out button but thought this may be better if it’s more oem. Has anyone got them or seen them?

Next inside the van I have the corrugated plastic trim panel covers which I plan on trimming with carpet but on one of these id like to store my cooking table. So I could do with replacing it with plywood for strength but how are people mounting them? Screw into the metal? Special clips? They currently have flimsy dog leg clips but I don’t think they will be strong enough.
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Coat hooks and ply mounting side panels

Post by Whitey »

Hi Golfchick. Do you mean these?Image
May be wrong but I think the coat hanger is nothing more than a hole.... to put a hanger in! Maybe there’s something that goes in the hole but mine didn’t come with anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

I think you might be missing them, you can almost see them on this link which is the company I saw mentioning them. http://www.newwavecustomconversions.co. ... ade-trims/
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Ah cool, they’re like oldskool grab handles :)

There’s a good guide here with part numbers. Quite expensive but cheaper than the firm in the link

Removing Bulkhead - List of Trim Parts Required
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Mine are from a caddy maxi so not technically the correct parts. However they do fit fine, just had to remove 2 plastic locator plugs. Managed to get them from a scrapyard. Paid £100 for all 4 pieces. Not cheap but the guy knew the value!

Also worth noting, some do and don’t have the hole for the alarm button on the lower panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Interesting, looks like he hasn't fitted them either. I was gonna stick to my trimmed down bulkhead panels but it's occurred to me now that'll I'll trim it in megavanmats carpet and the grab handles will be super light grey. I think I'll stick to the pop out button, then the coat can drip on the ply lined floor rather than into the drivers footwell. (I have a leisure battery on the other side so wouldn't install it over there)