Airbag crash sensor or module?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Airbag crash sensor or module?

Post by Wattsy »

Hi guys, my 07 caddy airbag went off when I crashed it last week, ive replaced the airbag and seatbelts and have now figured out (thanks to doc) that I need a new airbag module. Does anyone know if the airbag module is the crash sensor also or do I also need to find and replace a crash sensor of sorts? Thanks in advance.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Airbag crash sensor or module?

Post by Doc »

The airbag module has many sensors on and around the vehicle. It's best to find out, via diagnostics, which sensor is tripped so you can buy the correct one along with a control module new or without any crash data.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

i thought some tools like abrites could clear the crash data that vcds cant?

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Tapatalk

Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

There’s a few companies online that will clear the crash data and re set the module ranging from £30-£60 ive found, then the module is just plug and play. As for crash sensors I can’t find anything online, I think the caddy only has them in the module from what I’ve read! I’ve looked on parts catalogue and found one listed but it doesn’t give clear location!
Wattsy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wattsy »

Used my mates VCDS lite, these are the codes I’m getting but obviously it’s the free version so.....
P161B glowplug
P1609 crash shut down activated
P1636 missing message from airbag controller