Suspension "Tigger" Bounce after Lowering

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
notagasman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Suspension "Tigger" Bounce after Lowering

Post by notagasman »

Please forgive my mechanical knowledge

Just paid a garage (well they subcontracted to another garage) to lower my 2014 caddy maxi, this van was recently purchased from a Van dealer (one previous commercial owner) - I totally appreciate the ride was never going to be the same once lowered, and its not lowered by a significant amount...

....however, since lowering, when driving down what looks to be a normal road, Im bouncing up and down like tigger in the seat, it gets significantly worse when going over large bumps /imperfections in road.

I've tried to find out what products were used, H&R front springs, and at the back a H&R lowering kit, ive photod the rear to substitute from my clear lack of knowledge

Couple of questions:

1. Is the bouncy feeling normal? If not any suggestions?
2. Do the bolt holes and bolt placement dictate a certain height / lowered level....i.e. 35mm, 40mm, etc etc - should I change this?

Thanks for any help in advance - not sure if its normal, or needs to be returned?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Suspension "Tigger" Bounce after Lowering

Post by Doc »

Your rear suspension looks like it is riding on or very very near to the bump stops. This will be the cause of the bouncy ride.
Some people have cut two rings off the rubber bump stop, I think you'll be ok with removing just one.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
notagasman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by notagasman »

Thanks for the quick response doc will give that a go asap, would it be a job for a garage or a job for a man with lots of tools and no idea what they all do? ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Wheel off, hacksaw (ripsaw, cheese wire, angle grinder, laser) the bottom ring off the bumpstop.
It is very simple, I'm sure you'll work it out.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
notagasman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by notagasman »

Doc wrote:Wheel off, hacksaw (ripsaw, cheese wire, angle grinder, laser) the bottom ring off the bumpstop.
It is very simple, I'm sure you'll work it out.
Thanks again!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk