Work done so far

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
SteveKelly
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Work done so far

Post by SteveKelly »

Well we’ve had a 14 plate caddy maxi life for a month nearly now and loving the space and dsg. The kids seem happy on the school run and so does the good wife (well apart from when she reversed it into the neighbours sisters merc ha ha).

After reading many posts and trying to get a feel for what mods I can do I’ve had a busy week changing a few things up. First I also have a beat up 07 touran that I was gonna be ditching for scrap soon (its currently used as a work wagon for my business) but having read about how lots of people use touran parts to change their caddy’s I swapped up my first parts tonight. The light in the caddy is a single bulb affair so I was swapped that for the touran light which has threee bulbs and the space for a Bluetooth mic. Perfect as I’ve bought a second hand rns 315 dab and bt to upgrade from the fm and no bt 315 that was in when we bought it. Connected it up tonight and it works a treat - just have to route the mic up to the light and connect the dab aerial socket to the one in the mirror. Now that seems a bit tricky but there’s some excellent posts on here I’ve spotted to hopefully help.

Just got to sell the old 315 now to recoup some of the £300 outlay on the new one.

Now I’ve got the bug I’m desparate for cruise control and a mfsw but I best get saving and reading for that lol.

Just wanted to say this is a brilliant forum for learning about the vehicle and for getting ideas - thanks to all contributors!!! I’m now planning on getting a second hand caddy maxi van to replace the touran for work 🙂
dizzee stuff
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Work done so far

Post by dizzee stuff »

The only problem is upgrading parts becomes a bit of a addiction before you know it you have spent ££££££££££££ 8)
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

True that🤦🏻‍♂️ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveKelly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SteveKelly »

dizzee stuff wrote:The only problem is upgrading parts becomes a bit of a addiction before you know it you have spent ££££££££££££ 8)

Yes I can feel the pull already Image

dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by dipstr »

What year is your touran buddy as might be interested for front end depending what one is fitted

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mk2kompressor
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Mk2kompressor »

I’d be interested in the door modules and possibly door cards and window motors

2.Slow
SteveKelly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SteveKelly »

Will let you know if I start to dismantle it in a big way. For now I’m just doing the odd swap as it’s still running 🙂