PLEASE HELPP Headlights wont turn off

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
eddyrey619
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

PLEASE HELPP Headlights wont turn off

Post by eddyrey619 »

HI ALL

I have a 2011 tdi caddy and my headlights wont turn off. Every time i start the car my main headlights turn on and when i try to turn them off using the headlight switch nothing happens. i have checking the fuses they are all good i have checked the headlight switch and it seem to be on because of the light behind it when i took it out to check it please helpp any advice would be good and appreciated

kinda regards
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: PLEASE HELPP Headlights wont turn off

Post by Doc »

The Central Electrics Control Module (CECM) or Body Control Module (BCM) will fail to the safest state if something is wrong in a circuit. This might be the module or just the light switch itself.
Easiest check is to swap a lights switch from another caddy of the same spec into yours to check. Otherwise, a diagnostic check with VCDS or similar will point you in the right direction.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
eddyrey619
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: PLEASE HELPP Headlights wont turn off

Post by eddyrey619 »

Thnaks Doc

i will investigate your suggestions
thanks again