Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
purefreedom1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by purefreedom1 »

Hey my names Neil from North Wales and I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2012 maxi. Its an ex council van so ive spent the day removing all the cladding. First job lowering the tank to weld and bolt a second row of seats, any advice welcome. Will there be enough room to access underneath while supported on a couple of axle stands under the rear axle. I'm hoping lowering it 6-8 inches might provide access to fit nuts and plates while also providing access to protect the tank during the weld.
Est1863
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: New Member

Post by Est1863 »

Hi Neil i am also a new member.
I can't help you as i have not fitted my seats yet i have all the plates for the inside etc and 2-1 split seats.
i am unsure of how it fits underneath whether there is a strengthening plate from vw that you screw into or whether you have to use large washers to secure the back brackets.
If i manage to fit mine before you i will let you know.
Nigel
purefreedom1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by purefreedom1 »

You can used T5 profile shaped plates underneath the chassis and standard square all cut in half or trimmed to fit. Its best to back drill the holes with the tank removed. When the holes are bang on the fit for the seat is tight but you can adjust the bolts at the plate end at the front to get everything lined up correctly before welding.
whitecaddy1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by whitecaddy1 »

Welcome Neil
I'm new on here and have found all on here are very helpful and friendly and I'm sure you'll have the answers in no time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Est1863
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Est1863 »

Hi Neil
Thank you for that.
sorry about the late reply just been so busy.
not touched the van yet but the next month i will be on it again
cheers
Nigel