Help!!! Leisure battery cabling

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Calamity Kev
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Help!!! Leisure battery cabling

Post by Calamity Kev »

I'm really losing my rag with this at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to run a cable from the starter battery to my leisure battery. I wanted to run it where the bonnet release cable would run on LH drive vehicle but cant work out where it comes through to front passenger footwell. Any helps or tips on that front????

The other option i'm guessing is to run it though a grommet behind the battery. Is there any other options of hints on doing this?????

Meant to be camping tonight for the first time with the leisure battery installed though im on the verge or hitting the beers now instead :(
Ride Bikes Drink Beer
Calamity Kev
100BHP+

Re: Help!!! Leisure battery cabling

Post by Calamity Kev »

I've cracked it!!!! ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride Bikes Drink Beer
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I wouldn't risk running a high power cable like that in through a the arch and across panel edges like that. The grommet beside the ABS pump has lots of extra spaces and a "clean" route to the battery.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Calamity Kev
100BHP+

Post by Calamity Kev »

Doc wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:38 pm I wouldn't risk running a high power cable like that in through a the arch and across panel edges like that. The grommet beside the ABS pump has lots of extra spaces and a "clean" route to the battery.
I have added protection between the cable and vulnerable spots with panel edges. I was in a rush! the cable will be wrapped in plastic conduit when i get time this week which should be enough protection.

the grommet you mention, i take it the battery needs to come out to see it?
Ride Bikes Drink Beer
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I think you can see it down the side of the battery if you look between the battery and inner arch towards the ABS pump.
You will need to take the battery out to access it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Calamity Kev
100BHP+

Post by Calamity Kev »

Doc wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm I think you can see it down the side of the battery if you look between the battery and inner arch towards the ABS pump.
You will need to take the battery out to access it.

Cheers Doc, i'll take a look
Ride Bikes Drink Beer