Retrofit discover pro

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Retrofit discover pro

Post by Patricko »

Hi.

I`m looking to install a discover pro head unit from a 2018 mk4 caddy in my 2k facelift 2014. Is this a straight swap - p&p?
I know i need the usb/aux in.
Do i need additional wiring/adapter?
KWACK99
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Retrofit discover pro

Post by KWACK99 »

Basically no!! want to do this myself main plug is different plus new unit has some kind of protection on it which ends up with unit with no sound output but DOC will correct me probably as i think he has a later unit running in his so can be done so you need his wisdom on the subject :?: :?:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Discover Pro is the new headunit with separate disc drive, found in the Mk7 golf, Tiguan, Polo, etc.
I'm not even sure fitting one is possible on a Caddy as they only come on vehicles with the newer communication platform (MQB) and involve fibre optics.

I have the Discover Media (MIB2) from the last of the 5N Tiguan, these are run on the same communication platform (PQ) as the caddy.
Fitting requires a harness adaptor to suit the new style Quadlock.
To have the unit continue working, you will need to hack the component protection security by way of a memory patch. Without this, the unit will shut down when it detects that it is not in the original vehicle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Patricko »

Thanks for the reply. Then it will be a MIB2. What cars can i get them from, Transporter t6, sharan, caddy and tiguan?
Do you have more details whats need to be done regarding the component protection? Who can do this?
Hoped it was just a pin coded needed as on the RNS, but that would be to easy :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

check this guy he's the only one I know who offers this patch close to UK.
Tiguan, Scirocco, Caddy4, T6, Sharan I think is all the vehicles that came with the MIB2 PQ unit.

The biggest gamble with these units is the not knowing what functions are activated within the unit. Navigation is the one I would say is almost certainly activated but Bluetooth, media player, carplay, etc. may not be turned on. Getting these activated after patching I believe is very difficult.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Patricko »

Thanks for the tip Doc, I can ask him if i can send it by post since i live in Norway. I found a used one from a t6 at an auto salvage yard here in Norway. I`ll just have to take a chance, the other option is to buy one from a company who offers retrofit kits, but i think 1100-1500£ is a bit stiff.
KWACK99
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by KWACK99 »

OOOWCH that makes it abit expensive then blows my idea of using a basic unit out of a 2016 caddy in my 2011 but correct if im wrong DOC I read somewhere it would work in my prefacelift 2010 but not totally please correct me if i am wrong
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I don't believe there will be any difference in the operation of a 2016 unit in either a 2010 or 2011 van.
The basic Colour Composition unit isn't really worth the bother of CP patching for the features it has. I'm not even sure if anyone does it as it is very different to the Discover Media.