Gutted

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
missyR
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Gutted

Post by missyR »

We were supposed to pick up our van this week but the company have called saying they are waiting on a part from VW which is going to take 7-10 days. How much of this is true I'm not sure. Does anyone on here work for VW?
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Gutted

Post by Caddyluv »

Ahhh gutted, but my VW parts guys have told me 7 days for parts this week to. Apparently there is a issue with there delivery department. So it can be possible. Guess be happy they are using genuine VW parts. Normally it’s next day. Normally they are really good. So I wouldn’t stress. Good things come to those who wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

(Here) it usually means that they need to order the part from the factory in Germany or Poland, as they don't have it in stock in the country (pretty much the norm for any Caddy part I order!). You're lucky, in South Africa that delay is 2 1/2 weeks.
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

I know the part number is: 03L130235AF something to do with the fuel pipe (I think). The company was a bit flippant about it which annoyed me more than anything tbh.

It's just annoying that the van was paid for on Friday and that's us just been told that it will be 7-10 days for the part. Let alone a date to travel the 800 miles round trip we need to go to get it. No apology, no niceties etc
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

I do agree but that seems to be the attitude of business owners these days. If it happened in my business I would loose custom quickly. That’s why obviously I’m so lovely.

missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

And not modest in the slightest :P
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

I suppose it gives me another couple of weeks to squirrel more parts/upgrades for it :twisted: