X BG caddy cambelt

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ginger
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

X BG caddy cambelt

Post by Ginger »

Hi all X British gas van owners

i have just got my survice history from BG, they had the van for seven years and they never changed the Cam belt!

Acording to VW it should be done every 4 years or 140,000 miles, what ever comes sooner.

so heads up

thanks
Jca730
Caddy Fan

Re: X BG caddy cambelt

Post by Jca730 »

Was the same with my 2011 BG maxi, ended up getting it changed as the water pump failed in a big way so thought it prudent.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Caddydaft
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Caddydaft »

If in doubt just change it. You will have to buy the bits and more if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

I just got my van about a month ago...3 years old and 18000miles, hadn't even crossed my mind about cam belt! Certainly not going get anywhere near 140k within year, but wouldn't think a cam belt would be needed anytime soon either??!
G-Bear
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by G-Bear »

As said already; better to get it done. I changed mine along with the water pump earlier this year it’s on an 11 plate. I can’t remember the mileage, something around 90k I should have thought.

I got a good deal off TPS over the phone, and a surcharge refunded for the old water pump once replaced.
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

I heard they don’t change cam belts ever on bg vans and sure enough it hadn’t been done [2011] really they shouldn’t be able to sell them as fsh vans but I had it done for peice of mind. I guess if it’s say £300 per van to do and they will be a year off the lease and by the time it comes round to handing the fleet back the few vans that do blow up will have off set in cost 10 fold by the thousands of vans they didn’t change them on.
Caddy 1.2tsi 2018 - fiat 126 bis 1991- bond bug 1971
mickfarmer64
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mickfarmer64 »

Ginger wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 pm Hi all X British gas van owners

i have just got my survice history from BG, they had the van for seven years and they never changed the Cam belt!

Acording to VW it should be done every 4 years or 140,000 miles, what ever comes sooner.

so heads up

thanks
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get the service history from BG. My Maxi has a little of the history missing and the VW garage that did the servicing won't really help. In short, they are hiding behind data protection saying they can't print it off as it has the drivers details on it. I've asked for a redacted version, but agin they don't seem to be arsed. I've been told to try another main dealer as apparently all VW main dealers can access the records - don't know if this is true. If though, I could get it from BG that may well be the better option?
Ginger
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ginger »

mickfarmer64 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 pm Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get the service history from BG. My Maxi has a little of the history missing and the VW garage that did the servicing won't really help. In short, they are hiding behind data protection saying they can't print it off as it has the drivers details on it. I've asked for a redacted version, but agin they don't seem to be arsed. I've been told to try another main dealer as apparently all VW main dealers can access the records - don't know if this is true. If though, I could get it from BG that may well be the better option?
what you have been told is Bull!!! i called 0870 150 60 50 and went to there service team.
iv called twice and its a different story every time. First time i got a simple one line sheet saying date and not much else.

second time i called asking for more info i got a the full 'work history' as i would expect. there is not personal data on it anywhere!

i think i depends on who you talk to unfortunately
mickfarmer64
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mickfarmer64 »

Ginger wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:59 pm what you have been told is Bull!!! i called 0870 150 60 50 and went to there service team.
iv called twice and its a different story every time. First time i got a simple one line sheet saying date and not much else.

second time i called asking for more info i got a the full 'work history' as i would expect. there is not personal data on it anywhere!

i think i depends on who you talk to unfortunately
Much appreciated thank you, I'll give them a call and hopefully get what I need.