tempted new caddy!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nick Mc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

tempted new caddy!

Post by Nick Mc »

after fighting with my 1.6 tdi caddy for a few months over injectors etc, im seriously tempted to punt it and order up a 1.4tfsi petrol highline job with dsg.
has anyone had any experience of the 1.4 tfsi in a caddy in daily use that could give me an opinion on what its like?

cheers
nick
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: tempted new caddy!

Post by Giddy »

They TSI, not TFSI. Not quite sure what's the difference, perhaps only VW/Audi different naming, but could be more than that. Never looked into it really..
I have 1.4 Highline manual and it's great. Drive it daily, it's much quieter and less rattly than diesel. You may miss higher diesel torque at low revs if you're used to drive diesel or carry some heavy stuff, but I don't carry any weight and also prefer petrol revs :)
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Adrum
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adrum »

Hi, I have a 1.4 Tsi highlife DSG - it’s great, I’ve had a stage 1 remap so now punching 150bhp, drives lovely, is quite rapid, 0-60 is now low 8 seconds, but does need lowering to improve handling, which is next on my list, what I will say is that one, they are petrol so no more dirty diesel, I hate the stuff (sorry fellow members!), two they are very vey rare, at the time of writing there are only 3 1.4tsi DSGs for sale in the UK, and because of diesel becoming non fashionable now I predict these will go up in value and ultimately will be worth a lot lot more that the dirty versions in years to come, especially as they enter the classic world....in my opinion grab them while you can because they will be making hybrids soon and the petrol versions will be gone for good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 1.4TSI DSG
Adrum
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adrum »

Highline....typo

2016 1.4TSI DSG
Adrum
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adrum »

TFSI was used for turbo and supercharger engines, the TSI is for turbo only engines

2016 1.4TSI DSG
Adrum
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adrum »

With mine I get 35mpg when I’m feeling like a bit of fun and 45mpg when I want to cruise, budget for 40mpg for a TSI.......though to be honest I’d rather pay the extra not to have a diesel.....

2016 1.4TSI DSG
PaulC61
Hyper Poster

Post by PaulC61 »

From what I have read so far, VW has no plans to make a Caddy hybrid as it feels there is not the demand from its customers. Instead it will concentrate more on petrol engines. With a growing number of hybrid vehicles in the vw range I find it strange that there is no plans for a hybrid caddy.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Nick Mc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nick Mc »

cheers guys good bit of food for thought! im going to go have a look at one tomorrow so will see what happens.

nick
jackel
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by jackel »

We have a polo gtblue and it's a brilliant nippy little car love the engine in it . Ours is manual but would think it would be awesome in a caddy. The only annoying thing is van tax. The polo costs 20 quid a year to tax where as all vans from nemos to sprinters cost 250 :(