BJB/BLS to ASZ SWAP

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Novakid
100BHP+

Re: BJB/BLS to ASZ SWAP

Post by Novakid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am

Thanks for that.
Have u carried out the conversion yourself?

ferda5
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ferda5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 am

Yes, he did. The new sensor needs to be pressed onto the crankshaft with the tool

Novakid
100BHP+

Post by Novakid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 am

If you don't mind answering a few details I am missing that would be appreciated..
The part I am struggling with is what has to be moved from Bls to asz?
so for now I am keeping the original 5 speed.
Parts I know u have to swap.
Exhaust manifold, turbo, injectors, camshaft pulley, egr and cooler I believe.
Parts I'm not sure- Oil filtter housing, oil sump, bottom pulley from crank,
can I use the bls flywheel and clutch?

Thanks for you're help.
Last edited by Novakid on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Novakid
100BHP+

Post by Novakid » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:56 am

Anyone????

Bumblebee58627
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Bumblebee58627 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:41 am

Novakid wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 am
If you don't mind answering a few details I am missing that would be appreciated..
The part I am struggling with is what has to be moved from Bls to asz?
so for now I am keeping the original 5 speed.
Parts I know u have to swap.
Exhaust manifold, turbo, injectors, camshaft pulley, egr and cooler I believe.
Parts I'm not sure- Oil filtter housing, oil sump, bottom pulley from crank,
can I use the bls flywheel and clutch?

Thanks for you're help.
if you have any pictures of the conversion would you
You mind sending me them to my email
smackie_240@yahoo.co.uk
If you buying complete ASZ engine, you dont need to swap anything over except , crank pulley , cam pulley and you will need the downpipe from a ASZ.
you can use the BLS clutch and flywheel if you keeping the 5 speed.
2007 1.9 TDI Caddy Panel Van (Pre Facelift)
1994 Golf Mk1 16V
1989 Caddy mk1 2L 8v
1974 Beetle , named Bumblebee (my first car and my show car) Slammed to eart

ferda5
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ferda5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 pm

I bought a bare engine and disguised everything. The crankshaft gear does not need to be, the oil bathtub must remain in the ASZ. I changed the oil filter holder too, the water cooler is different

Novakid
100BHP+

Post by Novakid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks for all that.
Sorry about all the questions i am sure they have been asked 100 times.
So just to be clear (Stickler for deatil)
I buy an asz engine.
I put my BLS exhaust manifold turbo,oil filtter housing the cam pully (not crankshaft pully) bls injectors new bls crankshaft seal with modifications to block.
That's it ?
I dont have to modify any wiring plugs or extra pipes?

Thanks

Azz03
Caddy2k Groupie

BJB/BLS to ASZ SWAP

Post by Azz03 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi guys
I’m in desperate need of some help a friend of mine and my mechanic was part way through my asz conversion but due to some sad circumstances he passed away so I’m left with a few bits left to get it running.
My first one is the cooler hoses that go into the heater matrix one of them is two short and is slightly kinked and the other one is two long which makes it kinked on the bend.
Also because I’ve used the pd130 turbo it’s lower down and I need to run pipes from
The turbo to the front of the rad how do I go about this.
I’d really appreciate it if someone could help me as I currently have a van just sitting there.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaz909
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aaz909 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am

Hi I’m also part way through asz conversion with asz turbo, as for the coolant pipes I assume you’ve blanked if you ever and you have left the cooler off, if so I bypassed those pipes with special flexible silicone hoses lined with metal so they don’t kink from auto silicone hoses which is located near me. As for the turbo pipes, you can buy connectors from a company called dark side developments that allow you to create your own Pipework, as for the pipe work it’s self there is no, as far as I am aware, kit available so you have to get creative mine has the pipe from the turbo to the original intercooler going past the timing belt which is similar to the be touran 2.0 tdi and the top pipe staying the same, be careful with your routing though you have to make sure there is clearance from the driveshaft especially if you’d caddy is lowered. Hope that makes sense it will take some patience if I do another conversion with the knowledge I have now I would have just bought a gtb dark side turbo kit which uses all the same pipes of a standard intercooler kit for a caddy, :)

Aaz909
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aaz909 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 am

Also, I don’t know if you’ve sorted the exhaust down pipe as that is different too, and the oil feed and drain pipes for the turbo are different you’ll have to use fabia vrs parts for those also again the turbo to air filter pipe is different too, lol I guess you get why I wish I’d just gone with the bolt on upgrade turbo now

Azz03
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Azz03 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:49 pm

@aaz909 I’ve already sorted the air intake pipe and the egr has been deleted just got to sort all the little pipe work out which I’ve got a diagram for that. also the exhaust has been sorted it’s had a decat pipe from a mk4 golf I’m just struggling to get my head around getting a pipe from the turbo which comes from the left side of the van if your looking at it from the front then needs recounting to the right hand side bottom corner if that’s right? If I could see a picture of how it looks I’d be flying then. As all the hard stuffs been done the ecu has already had a remap on the old engine so will just need tweaking. I half wish I didn’t start this now but I didn’t expect my friend who was my mechanic to pass away while we was part way through it as he’d done plenty of them in the past. But I guess things happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk