Tiguan MF Flat Bottom Steering wheel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kpowell911
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Tiguan MF Flat Bottom Steering wheel

Post by kpowell911 »

Hello, wondering if any one can help me. I have a 2006 Caddy 1.9tdi and I want to change the steering wheel. Ive found a Tiguan Flat Bottom Multifunction wheel with air bag. Will this fit my Caddy with no modifications or coding? I appreciate the buttons wont do anything, as I have a Pioneer stereo and bog standard clocks, but will the wheel bolt in and work as intended with no modifications or error’s etc or do i require something else as well?

The wheel part number is 5TA419091Q

Thanks
spacewalker
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Tiguan MF Flat Bottom Steering wheel

Post by spacewalker »

you can make it fully working
http://xhorse.uk/product/mfsw-module-en/
kpowell911
100BHP+

Post by kpowell911 »

spacewalker wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:54 am you can make it fully working
http://xhorse.uk/product/mfsw-module-en/
Got nothing for it to control anyway, as the head unit is after market and the MFD is basic. I just want to confirm the steering wheel physically fits with no errors or modifications? Someone mentioned I may need a slip ring?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If you are going to fit a mfsw but not bothered about controls, you'll need to fit a non mfsw airbag harness, else you won't have a working horn.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
kpowell911
100BHP+

Post by kpowell911 »

Ok. Thanks for that. But physically will the wheel Ive provided the part number above work with my caddy? What about the slip ring?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I have no access to search a part number right now but Tiguan is a model available 2004+ and as such it will share the same steering column as the caddy so the steering wheel will fit.

Whoever suggested a slipping might need to elaborate on their suggestions, I can't see any reason if you don't want anything over and above the horn and airbag which you already have.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
kpowell911
100BHP+

Post by kpowell911 »

Doc wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:16 pm I have no access to search a part number right now but Tiguan is a model available 2004+ and as such it will share the same steering column as the caddy so the steering wheel will fit.

Whoever suggested a slipping might need to elaborate on their suggestions, I can't see any reason if you don't want anything over and above the horn and airbag which you already have.
Hi thanks for the reply, for reference this is what Im looking at or similar

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5TA419091Q-L ... 3070185098
The polisher
200BHP+

Post by The polisher »

Doc wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:07 pm If you are going to fit a mfsw but not bothered about controls, you'll need to fit a non mfsw airbag harness, else you won't have a working horn.
I'm the same,have a 2011 golf wheel and just ordered the matching airbag yesterday but I have an aftermarket radio ,so all I'd need to do Doc is use my std caddy airbag harness to the new airbag which would be non mfsw
As I'll be update sing the wheel at a later stage
Touran seats, Touran Console, Touran carpets, Touran Door cards, Spoiler, German Plates, RCD 330, carpeted and insulated, TDI Mats, Stance lowering Kit, VW Mk6 Steering wheel, T6 Steelies, Bargain Sunvisor, Bragan Roof Rails,Touran mirrors
Instagram:HG_Metal_Polishing_13
Facebook: HG Metal Polishing
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
Ireland :shock:
kpowell911
100BHP+

Post by kpowell911 »

Thinking it might be worth waiting and getting a set of clocks and doing it all at once. Ive come from a Scirocco with a Highline MFD and Flat bottom MF Wheel, and drive mat mrs 16 plate Ibiza FR which has the same and I kinda want it in my Van! haha