MFD?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
MattRS
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

MFD?

Post by MattRS »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't see anything on it when I searched.

Are all the clusters the same in the FL vans (mines is a 2011) and support MFD? Mines currently doesn't have the stalk with the button on it so only displays the temp in the middle part. However I want a leather wheel and whilst at first I wasn't fussed for it to be multifunction as it never bothers me reaching over to control the radio, I'm now thinking it would be good if I could at the same time get some "trip" info such as MPG.

I have read that for the MFSW to work I need to have the right SWCM which I suspect I wont have as my van doesn't even have elec windows so is probably a basic Startline version. I'm expecting that I would need to change to a Highline version as per the numerous MFSW say but what I don't know is do I need to change the cluster as well so the display is actually there? People mention swapping to highline/Touran cluster but is this just for looks? If I need to change it, I'll sack off the idea of the MFD and MFSW as that seems more cost and hassle and just go back to a normal but leather wheel.

Thanks

Matt
Avalanche
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: MFD?

Post by Avalanche »

No you don’t need to change the cluster for a highline for what you want, just the correct MFSW and SWCM and someone to code it all in for you and enable the MFD.
2011 Silver 1.6tdi Maxi Panel Van
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Even a midline cluster would be fine.
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

The quickest way to find out what swcm you have fitted already is by using vcds. It is likely though as you have said already that you don't have the right swcm fitted. But you never know.
MattRS
Caddy Fan

Post by MattRS »

Thanks guys. Feel a bit more confident about buying a MFSW now if all I need to do is upgrade the module and find someone to help with coding it.

My old man has Vagcom so I should be able to get the module part number with that hopefully.