GAZ, ST or Bilstein for Maxi Kombi?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
markm
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: GAZ, ST or Bilstein for Maxi Kombi?

Post by markm »

That looks about right, want to do this to our caddy and swap the 16” alloys for 18’s
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

How are the rear wheels sitting in the arch, are they centred? Did they use original ST axle relocation kit, or their own kit?
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Hudson97
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Hudson97 »

Couldn’t tell you to be honest. I didn’t ask. I think it looks okay, in the centre but could go even lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hungry monkey
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by hungry monkey »

Hudson97 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 pm I took mine to Darkside and got the ST X kit fitted, dropped it off at 8am and it was done by half 11. Feels spot on. It still could go lower, they said they just set it to what they normally put it at on caddy’s, so not sure how much lower it is. Would definitely recommend Image

looks great mate - i think it'll be the ST kit I'm gonna get, though I'll get it fitted in Bristol

Joeski
Caddy Fan

Post by Joeski »

Yeah i wouldn't go any lower than this without an axle relocation kit, would easily drop another 40mm but the rears will go completely off-centre so I decided to keep it sensible.

Scuse the shocking 16's :lol:
Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

Old thread I know,but I’m looking at replacing my stance plus with st,are they a nice firm ride as my stance ones are bouncy
LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Ant bliss wrote:Old thread I know,but I’m looking at replacing my stance plus with st,are they a nice firm ride as my stance ones are bouncy
I’ve got stance +....came on the van when I bought it. Not great! Too soft for the level of lows.

I’ll be upgrading eventually. Was looking at Bilstein and KW. Get the best you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gloss Black Badges, ‘KillAllWipers’ Delete, Van-X tinted HL brake lens, Van-X glove box, Van-X smoked side repeaters
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

torque777 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm I fitted vmaxx to my maxi life and regretted it, was way too soft I now run spax rsx front coilovers and gaz rear dampers with darkside rear lowering kit, I like the fact you can adjust the firmness to suit your driving.. Gaz have been on three years but needed servicing after two, but that's the best thing as they are not a throw away item.. Spax are brilliant and still feel as good today as they did 30k ago when new, still look good too and the adjustment knob is on bottom so really easy to adjust

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Have you got a number or contact that you used to get your gaz shocks serviced , mine have been on maybe 6 months and have play at the start of travel
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Just contact Gaz direct, they should sort it.
Failing that, your warranty is with the supplier, whoever you bought them from.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort