Cold Start Squeeky Belt

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Cold Start Squeeky Belt

Post by DJOHALL »

I have 2016 2.0TDI Caddy that has been making a Squeeky Belt noise on cold start. Its not the good old squeeky belt noise that goes away after a few revs, sounds like a bearing or plastic pulley to me. It's been like that a few months and had it serviced recently and was brushed off by the dealer saying nothing is wrong. Just done a bit of research myself and what I can find is telling me it the tensioner pulley for the auxiliary belts that's gone. Most posts I've seen have had it repaired under warranty. Anyone else had the same noise/problem?

Just looking for a second opinion and more info before I ring the dealer again and chew them about it!
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Cold Start Squeeky Belt

Post by dipstr »

Try removing aux belt and then run engine (cold) if noise goes then you need new belt and tensioner. If it is still there then it will be cam belt and tensioner. Take no crap from dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Did you get the van from a VW dealership? If so and they won't entertain fixing it for you try ringing VW UK and explain your problem to them and see what they can do about it. They have always come up trumps for me in the past in getting things sorted. VW dealerships I suppose can vary so much around the UK in the way that they go about customer care and some will try and fob you off.
Good look mate and I hope you get it sorted.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DJOHALL »

Problem is I'm working abroad until xmass and won't get home til then which is also when the warranty runs out so I can't try do anything to diagnose the problem.

I live in Ireland and had some issues with the van in the first few weeks where it wouldnt start, same dealer fobbed me off multiple times until i opened a case with VW Ireland, 1 day later the dealer had the problem found and fixed! I will get on the dealers case again because I would like to get it sorted so it's 100% for when I return home. My fear is the timing belt tensioner and I did mention it to them. So it's most likely either one of the 2 tensioners that's the issue?
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

If you get on to VW UK about it and they give the go ahead to take the van in to get fixed at the dealership can't you get a mate to take it in for you?
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by dipstr »

Yes will be either aux belt tensioner or cam belt tensioner. It is a known issue with vw so don't take any crap from the dealer. Take it to them and tell them if they don't fix it then will leave van there and get in touch with customer care. They will soon sort it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk