Carpet Lining

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mastbury
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Carpet Lining

Post by Mastbury »

Hi all,

Sorry to repeat this question as i imagine there will be a thread here somewhere! I am just about to buy some carpet lining from mega van mats to line my Caddy Maxi. Im going to carpet the side walls, doors, rear doors, and roof. I was thinking 8m would be enough of the 4 way stretch, but after reading what they recommend thatll do im note so sure it will be enough!!

How much have you guys used ? I think anyway between 8-10m, but cant buy 10m so would have to be 12m!

Thanks all!

Cheers
AaronC92
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Carpet Lining

Post by AaronC92 »

Hi mate, I have recently done my swb, I got 4.5m and was enough to do the sides, panels to cover the sides and panels for the doors, 8m should be plenty.
Alexj83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Alexj83 »

MVM do 10m, I bought 10 off them for mine a couple of weeks ago, I went though eBay though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Hi Mastbury, be interested to know how much you use, looking at doing this to my Maxi also and was reckoning on about 10sqm. Have you sound proofed/ insulated the rear as well? If so how much of that did you need? and what did you use for it? Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

Hi mate, I went for the bundle on deadening.co.uk. 4 sq metres of silent coat deadening and 6sq of the insulation. I did have to get another roll of insulation as I did floor, arches, sides and roof and back doors. But I now have like half a roll or just over left!! Works a treat though.
I ended up going for 10m of carpet of mega van mats. Got a ply kit off plyline UK. Looking to get that and carpet down asap! Looking at it now I have it I think 10m will be plenty.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Perfect Bud. Cheers for that

Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

Tom-8-0 wrote:Perfect Bud. Cheers for that Image

Hello mate sorry it's taken so long to get back to you! I've just got round to putting carpet on (although I haven't actually put my ply in van yet!), and 10m is far too much! I haven't done roof yet, but for all side, door and back door panels and wheel arches I've probably only used 3m. Maybe 4. But I've just put 2m on vinyl on my floor, and I reckon roof will take similar, so in all honesty I reckon 8m should do you! Should!
Hope this helps mate! Be good to see how it goes!

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Thanks for the info Mastbury. I’ve purchased 40sheets of Silent coat from Deadening and 10sqm of 4way stretch carpet from MVM. Still to get the insulation as not quite sure what to use yet. Got one or two wee bits still to finish in the front before I tackle the rear. New seats went in yesterday so I think just Steering wheel and door cards to go and then onto the rear. Will keep you posted how it goes and get some pics up when I do. One more question for you though, Did you carpet all the doors or just the panel sections?

Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

Sounds good!

I've just done panels,but I have so much carpet left over that Im thinking I may do whole lot!
Hoping to get ply installed today or tomorrow, so get some pictures up soon!

Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

Tom-8-0 wrote:Thanks for the info MastburyImage. I’ve purchased 40sheets of Silent coat from Deadening and 10sqm of 4way stretch carpet from MVM. Still to get the insulation as not quite sure what to use yet. Got one or two wee bits still to finish in the front before I tackle the rear. New seats went in yesterday so I think just Steering wheel and door cards to go and then onto the rear. Will keep you posted how it goes and get some pics up when I do. One more question for you though, Did you carpet all the doors or just the panel sections?

Hi mate, here's what I have done with mine so far:

Still looking at doing roof at some point but that can wait a little bit. Need to get some ply and sort it all myself at min. Just need to get a bed sorted now and It'll be good to go camping!
ImageImage

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Looking good mate. Good job you’ve done there. I Like it . Do you think you’d need additional ply for the roof? I was planning on just carpeting the one that’s in. Know it’s a bit flimsy but my thinking is once it’s in and up, that’s it. Do You notice a big difference with the sound deadening and insulation in?

Mastbury
Caddy Fan

Post by Mastbury »

Thanks man, just glad to finally have it in (debating whether to carpet all metal as well as I have loads left!!)...just deciding to build my own bed frame now or try and source on thats high enough off ground to keep my boxes of stuff under!
I think i will ply roof, because itll give that extra layer to soften noise and stuff when im sleeping in it - but thats pretty much only reason if im honest. Carpeting whats in probably aint a bad idea at all.
I do notice a difference yeah. As i said ive deadened and insulated all door panels, floor, wheearches and roof, and yeah i can notice that its quieter. Especially when theres nothing in back the sound just used to reverberate around no end! Its worth doing. I also had a few sheets of deadening left over (and managed to get a few from work) which I stuck under and behind seats in front, and under carpets in foot wells which has also helped.